Developer Advocate - Python
Employment Type: Full-Time
The DA Team is growing at Couchbase and we are looking for a Remote Python Developer Advocate. The developer advocacy team creates interesting developer-focused content (blogs, websites, presentations, guides, apps, tools, etc), helps application developers and the community through online & real word interactions on how to use and succeed with application development with Couchbase (forums, StackOverflow, Twitch, etc), and promotes Couchbase by giving engaging technical presentations at online and real-world events, meetups & conferences.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline (or equivalent practical experience)
* 6+ years developing full-stack apps in python (Django, Flask, etc) and sharp on modern full stack web app development
* Solid knowledge in the following technologies: HTML/JS, git/github, RDBMS, and Linux. Comfortable with AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
* Terrific communication skills in English (writing, creating, presenting) and who loves interacting and helping developers
* Willingness to travel (when it is safe to do so) and has ability to work autonomously
* You are able to listen to the developer community and effectively relay the stories and feedback to Couchbase
* You are fun to be around, easy-going, and optimistic. And, can handle bad puns.
* Significant experience working in DevRel or speaking in conferences and meetups; You are a community enthusiast and have made contributions to open source projects. Experience with NoSQL Databases (Couchbase, MongoDB, Neo4J, Cassandra, DynamoDb, Redis, and/or Memcached, etc )
* Experience with Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, or other similar frameworks for Data ScienceBasic coding experience with other languages such as Java, .Net, Node, Ruby, Golang, Rust, or PHP is highly desired.
* Be a great, exemplar Developer Advocate for Couchbase, with creating content/apps, and promoting Couchbase with presentations and talks. Collaborate with users of Couchbase in the developer community, and the open-source ecosystem of developer-oriented tools, frameworks, and applications
* Produce solid content (videos, blog posts, tutorials, etc.) that meets the needs of our communities
* Be active in our community channels to help our users (forums, StackOverflow, etc)Support Marketing on the planning and execution of sponsored events and conferences.
Unlike other NoSQL databases, Couchbase provides an enterprise-class, multicloud to edge database that offers the robust capabilities required for business-critical applications on a highly scalable and available platform. Couchbase is built on open standards, combining the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, to simplify the transition from mainframe and relational databases.
Couchbase's HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We're committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you'll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you're a new grad or a proven expert, you'll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
* DBTA Readers' Choice Awards: Best Database Overall and Best In-Memory Database
* 2020 Bay Area Best Place to Work
* Wealth Front Career-Launching Companies List 2020
* Couchbase Named a Leader: Forrester Wave Big Data NoSQL Report
* Deloitte Technology Fast 500 2019
* Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startup 2018
* Big Data 100: 35 Coolest Data Management And Integration Vendors
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is dedicated to pursuing, hiring and developing a diverse workforce. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Candidate Privacy Notice