Manager, Hair Customization
Employment Type: Full-Time
Title: Manager, NA Hair Customization
Location: Calabasas, CA
'Wella' is one of the world's leading professional and retail hair companies. It is a beauty collective with a mission to enable consumers to look & feel like their true self. Its love brands, which include beauty icons such as Wella, Clairol, OPI, and ghd (all together 'Wella'), are co-created by & designed for the beauty junkies of today & tomorrow. Following the signing of an agreement with global investment firm KKR for the divestiture of Coty's Professional and Retail Hair businesses, 'Wella' is on its way to become a fully independent, standalone company with its own management team and operational structures. At closing, our new Company will have presence in over 100 countries and an estimated annual net revenue of $2.3Bn. 'Wella' and its brands, are and will remain committed to a range of social causes as well as seeking to minimize its impact on the environment. For additional information about 'Wella' please visit www.wellamicrosite.com.
The Manager, NA Hair Customization is responsible for the readiness and execution of all locally led manipulations, pre-packs, and displays across both the Professional Beauty and Retail Hair divisions. You will oversee every project from beginning to end, starting with packaging design and ending with final delivery from the co-packer to the Wella distribution center. You will also be responsible for collaborating with functions across the business to ensure fit for use, budget compliance, and timeline adherence. In this full-time role, you will report into Market Planning Director.
* Manage a team of customization planners who are responsible for master data set-up, costing, production planning, and complete project readiness.
* Ensure supply chain readiness (cost, cash, service), including managing local activities and partnering with local and global partners to ensure customer requirements are understood, project development timelines and budgets are adhered to, components are delivered (from both internal and external partners), pack-outs/builds run on schedule, and final deliverables are ready on time.
* Oversee, track, and report on a budget for each key business unit (PB, RH US, and RH Canada). Propose cost savings initiatives when possible.
* Collaborate with Brand/Trade Marketing to align on packaging design and launch timelines.
* Work in partnership with Market Planning team to ensure fit for use on all new initiatives and coordinate manipulation when applicable.
* Work with vendors to create packaging design and with the artwork team to oversee component artwork approvals.
* Develop, build, and maintain reports and tools utilizing Excel, PPT, & MS Project
* Support continuous improvement projects and initiatives for NA Hair Customization as it relates to service, cost & inventory; additional tasks, duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
* Support customer specific requirements for New Item Forms, including packaging waste information and product weights & dimensions.
* Define supply plan and coverage, ensure fill rate meets and/or exceeds target for all customized items. Update allocation plan as needed when incremental supply assessments are issued and communicate status with NA commercial team.
* Support Planning Hub to root cause delays to customization feeders and work together to expedite production and shipment when applicable.
* Collaborate with Lifecycle Management on discontinuations and run out of VAR items.
* Provide status updates to Market Planning Director and business unit on project readiness; performs risk assessments and develops risk mitigation strategies.
OUR IDEAL FIT:
* Education: BA/ BS in Economics, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or related field; MBA preferred
* Experience: 3-5+ years experience in supply planning, demand planning, project management, and/or production management
* Strong analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
* Communication skills: Ability to communicate clearly, transparently, concisely, and on a timely basis with leadership. Comfortable with dealing with conflict and issue resolution
* Ability to challenge and refine business process and/or data requirements
* Technical Skills: MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, SAP
* Aptitude for problem solving; proven ability to create, implement and measure new processes
* Collaboration Skills: Ability to work collaboratively across different styles. Develop strong partnerships. Must be able to work well with people not physically collocated.
* CPG industry experience a plus
* Contract manufacturing experience a plus
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We comply with national, federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles