Junior BI Analyst/Developer
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Junior BI Analyst/Developer is a critical member of our team. In this role, you will turn data into information and information into insight. The Junior Business Intelligence Analyst/Developer identifies opportunities and challenges across multiple departments and presents solutions to support critical and strategic decisions of CorVel. Solving challenges and working with multiple up to date technologies concurrently will be a regular aspect of this position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Produces dynamic, meaningful, clear and informative dashboards using business intelligence tools to empower executive management and customers to make informed decisions.
* Supports end-to-end development and design of dashboards from initial requirements documentation to final release.
* Interfaces between various business and technical teams to understand context and business value in data.
* Manage communications with stakeholders and collaborate with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
* Develops and implements data collection systems and other strategies that optimize efficiency and data quality.
* Identifies, analyzes and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets.
* Works closely with internal customers to build relationships; continuously gaining a deeper understanding of relevant data and processes to build analytic solutions to meet business needs.
* Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products
* 1-2 years SQL experience preferred
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science, math, statistics, or economics
* Experience with Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau, or similar business intelligence tools is preferred
* Experience with baseline Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Knowledge of and experience with design and development of tabular data models is a plus
* Ability to understand business objectives and interpret them independently and transition into work product, gleaning information and insights from data to help the team achieve business objectives
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable
CorVel, a certified Great Place to Work® Company, is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.