Electronics Security Service Technician - Bay Area, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Cook Solutions Group , listed as a 100 Best Companies to Work for , is looking for a Full-Time Electronics Security Service Technician with excellent customer service, communication, and time management skills, a professional attitude and appearance, and the ability to integrate into our 'We Make It Happen!' culture.
Location: Bay Area, CA
Summary: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, installing wires and equipment,
responding to service calls, conducting site surveys, performing installation startup, system
commissioning, and customer training by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
1. Travels to client's site for alarm failure troubleshooting and repair. Expected to travel for
up to a week at a time when necessary.
2. Installs and services electronic and physical security products including pulling wire per
applicable specifications and codes.
3. Installs and wires electronic equipment used in systems.
4. Accounts for all installation and service tools/equipment and all job parts/inventory.
5. Tests all installed/serviced equipment to ensure proper performance and compliance
with customers requirements and all applicable codes.
6. Troubleshoots and repairs electronic and physical security equipment.
7. Communicates important project status information to management as necessary
(installation or service).
8. Communicates with customers on job status or completion (installation or service).
9. Conducts site surveys upon request of management.
10. Completes and turns in all required paperwork in a timely manner according to
established procedures and deadlines, i.e. timesheets, expense reports, change orders,
equipment transfers, etc.
11. Follows Purchasing procedures using database system and supervisor approval to
account for products needed.
12. Maintains and controls assigned truck stock inventory in an organized manner. Reports
stock items during company inventory audits.
13. Maintains control, and safeguards all company or customer property or information of
which employee has been entrusted.
14. Ensures company vehicle is maintained according to established standards. Keeps
vehicle clean, inside and out.
15. Maintains clean driving record and operates company vehicles using safe driving
16. Responsible for training less experienced employees and trainees on company
procedures, systems, and installation/service techniques.
17. Ensures all work is preformed to CSG quality standards and practices.
18. Works in compliance with Federal/State laws regarding safety of self and others at all
19. Expected to solicit new business when not working on service or installation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
HS Diploma or GED equivalent; Three to five years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience
Cook Solutions Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis ['protected class'] including, but not limited to: race; color; religion; genetic information; national origin; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability; citizenship status; uniform service member status; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.