IT Help Desk Technician - Scripps Ranch, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time
APPLY NOW: Text ITHELP to 760-493-6070
Continuing Life, recently ranked #2 on Fortune Magazine's Aging Services list, adding to the growing IT team with an IT Service Desk Tech opening in sunny San Diego (Scripps Ranch) California.
The IT Service Desk Technician is the front line IT support for employees. Daily responsibilities include fielding and responding to phone calls, monitoring email and ticket queues, and submitting trouble tickets for employees located at multiple sites. Customer Service, excellent communication, multi-tasking, and technical abilities are all core requirements of this role.
* This position will be based at The Glen Scripps Ranch in San Diego, CA
* Provides first-level technical support to employees via the Service Desk as it relates to computer software or hardware operation; escalating calls to advanced technical resources when appropriate.
* Work within a ticketing system to respond to employee submitted trouble tickets within agreed upon SLAs. Escalate issues as needed to ensure timely resolution of tickets.
* Assist in training staff first level technical issues to support daily operations and promote best practices.
* Proactively monitor and address potential security issues.
* Implement and educate the user community on best practices for IT security.
* Maintain and audit hardware and software inventory.
* Affix asset tags to all devices and maintain inventory logs.
* Follow the procurement process with established vendors; categorize, and submit invoices for approval to the appropriate cost centers.
* Provide excellent customer service to staff.
* Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and actively participates as a team player in solving problems.
* Carry a company cell phone during work hours & participate in an On-Call rotation, per On-Call Agreement.
* 3-5 years experience operating in a service desk or desktop support capacity.
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks based on urgency.
* Ability to learn new skills quickly with minimal guidance.
* Ability to work with all levels of Community personnel and to convey a professional, courteous, and helpful identity of the IT Department.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
* Periodic travel as required
OTHER DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE:
* Basic understanding of ITIL
* A+ certification or equivalent work experience
* Basic Networking understanding
* Basic understanding of IOS and Android
Continuing Life provides advisory and business services for retirement communities. We specialize in Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs) the best, most comprehensive retirement option available to people today. Our services range from pre-marketing a start-up community to assisting with the extensive services required to manage a stabilized community accounting, finance, human resources and operations support. Continuing Life provides a one-stop solution that also includes specialized, experienced personnel and IT systems to provide a total solution for operating a full-scale retirement community.