Pick Line Operator-1
Employment Type: Full-Time
12hr-A Shift (United States of America)
Altium Packaging, Our Culture Differentiates Us!
We are an essential business and still hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic!
We incorporate our Guiding Principles into all aspects and at all levels of the organization and use them as a framework for decision-making. We believe our Guiding Principles foster a culture of excellence that benefits both employees and customers.
Our Guiding Principles
* Act with Integrity & in Compliance
* Drive Value Creation
* Be Disciplined Entrepreneurs
* Focus on the Customer
* Act with Humility
* Treat others with Dignity and Respect
* Seeking Fulfillment in your Work
The Pickline Operator is responsible for the proper sorting of recycled materials on the picking line. This position will maximize the amount of reusable plastic for production, allowing passage of HDPE plastic and removal of non-reusable materials. The Pickline Operator will also be required to follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards and with applicable laws and regulations issued by regulatory agencies.
* Operate and maintain machinery and equipment on the sorting line
* Become familiar with plastic (HDPE) to keep and other plastics/materials to discard (i.e. glass, tin)
* Properly dispose of the contents in waste boxes and hoppers in the compactor
* Maintain a clean work area, ensuring any reusable plastic on the ground is redistributed through bale breaker
* Other duties as assigned by management.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Basic mathematical skills are required.
* Basic computer experience.
We Believe in Rewarding our Most Important Resource - Our People!
We show our commitment to Total Rewards by providing a competitive, comprehensive benefits package. In addition to medical, dental and vision plans, company holidays and vacation days, tuition reimbursement, learning and training opportunities, bonus potential, and a 401(k) plan with company contributions, Altium Packaging locations offer rewards and recognition programs and opportunities to make a difference in the community.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Take your career to the next level at Altium Packaging!