Sr. FP&A Manager, G&A
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Confluent, we're creating a category that transforms how every company manages and streams data. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That's Confluent in action-giving our customers instant access to massive amounts of real-time data, enabling them to thrive in an ever-changing digital world. As one of the fastest-growing enterprise companies in history, and with Fortune 100 customers across major industries, we have a tremendous opportunity in front of us. We also have experience on our side. Our leaders have taken companies of our size to major success before and include some of the original creators of Apache Kafka®.
We're looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent's unlimited potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks with the backing and support of our #OneTeam culture. Be part of inclusive initiatives like Employee Resource Groups and development programs, and take advantage of benefits that support our diverse global teams. Grow as we grow-whether you're just starting out or managing a large team, you'll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role
We are hiring a Sr. FP&A Manager to partner with and provide strategic financial guidance to Confluent's G&A leadership. This is a unique opportunity to play a crucial role in building a strong financial foundation for one of the fastest growing pre-IPO companies. We're looking for someone who is a self-starter, strong business partners, great communicator, and who enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
What you'll do
* Lead beyond budgeting and planning - be a thought leader and partner with G&A leadership to drive strategic initiatives
* Maintain and improve detailed financial models that track and analyze functional costs and their impact on the company's overall performance
* Assist in developing and executing the quarterly and annual financial planning process
* Support business partners with crucial financial metrics and kay business analysis
* Prepare executive-grade management reporting, summarizing findings and recommendations
* Partner with the Accounting team to perform month-end close activities and help drive process improvements and efficiencies in the close process
What we're looking for
* 7+ years of FP&A experience in a high-growth, public company
* Prior experience in a hands-on FP&A role with an enthusiastic 'roll up your sleeves' mentality
* A proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with business partners and executives
* Effective communication at a detailed technical level while having the ability to elevate for high-level consumption by executives
* Excellent financial modeling and analytical skills
* Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills; must also be proficient using G-Suite
Additional highly desirable experience
* Experience with Anaplan
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.