Software Engineering Intern
Employment Type: Full-Time
Learn More About Internship Programs at CommScope
As CommScope designs and builds connectivity for the world's most advanced networks, we're building something equally as important: careers for forward-thinking college students like you. Our Summer Internship Program is designed to provide you an invaluable work experience through completing meaningful projects to help you grow and develop.
Throughout the 12-week program, you will collaborate with some of the best in the industry, receive on the job training and participate in professional development workshops, executive speaker series, and other networking and social events!
What to Expect:
As a Software Engineering Intern to design testing procedures for our software applications. In this role, will be responsible for analyzing the functionality of applications and designing automated tests to validate their performance. You will also be required to identify bugs, install databases, and collaborate with the software design team. To ensure success as a Softwaer Engineering Intern, you should have advanced programming skills, a keen eye for detail, and excellent project management skills. A skilled QA Automation Engineer can design and write efficient test procedures for every software application.
You Will Make an Impact By:
* Meeting with the software design team to discuss verification protocols.
* Identifying software application weaknesses and target areas.
* Sketching out ideas for automated software test procedures.
* Reviewing software bug reports and highlighting problem areas.
* Writing automation scripts and implementing software applications.
* Designing and installing software databases.
* Troubleshooting automation software and finalizing system procedures.
* Identifying quality issues and creating test reports.
* Collaborating with the design team to solve application faults.
Required Qualifications for Consideration
* Junior or Senior standing in a BS, BA or master's degree in (specified field/area) from an accredited university
* Proven strong academic performer with a minimum GPA of 3.2
* Eligible to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship from the company
* Advanced programming skills including automation systems and databases.
* Familiarity with programming languages including Java, C, C++, Python
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Detailed knowledge of application functions, bug fixing, and testing protocols.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Good project management skills.
You Will Excite Us If You
* Enter any preferred qualifications
* Demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
* Show innovation through unique ideas and propose them to the team
In today's always on world, CommScope is pushing the bounds of communications technology. We are building better connections and shaping networks of the future. For more than 40 years, we've been leaders in innovating the network infrastructure of the future. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
Job Segment: Developer, Intern, Software Engineer, Engineer, Network, Technology, Entry Level, Engineering