Learning Experience Designer
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Commonwealth, we don't simply encourage our employees to develop their professional skills; it's one of our core values. To strengthen our ability to deliver on this mission, we are seeking a learning experience designer to create holistic learning experiences and journeys that will help employees and teams fulfill learning outcomes in a user-centered, goal-directed manner.
As a member of our Learning and Development team, which operates in an Agile framework, you will design, develop, and implement learning experiences that evolve over time. In this role, you will use your strong background in design thinking and draw upon your advanced knowledge of web design and digital authoring tools to develop world-class experiences that change how people learn. Reporting to the vice president of learning and development, this role requires strong project management skills, a solid understanding of how people learn, and the curiosity to challenge the status quo, innovate, and help reimagine how we deliver learning.
* Building knowledge-based and performance-based learning curricula that target stakeholder needs
* Developing scalable, comprehensive learning experiences aligned to Commonwealth's business objectives
* Contributing to the development of short- and long-term organizational strategies and initiatives
* Working with a diverse group of stakeholders across Commonwealth to understand learning needs and validate and develop effective learning solutions
* Collaborating with the Learning and Development team to apply high-level requirements and develop prototypes to rapidly test and iterate learning solutions
* Understanding learner goals and challenges, as well as insights from analytics and customer interactions, and using them to inform design decisions
* Using creative problem solving and design thinking to develop and enhance alternative approaches to learning experiences
* Identifying opportunities to leverage data that can enhance and validate learning experiences
* Pushing creativity, challenging established thinking, and discovering new ways of providing learning experiences
* Handling web design and development for various platforms, such as the Learning Management System and SharePoint
* Monitoring feedback, evaluating the impact and effectiveness of solutions, and communicating results and recommendations to business partners
* Experience designing learning offerings in response to an identified business or learning problem
* Ability to design learning content while keeping the user experience in mind
* Demonstrated ability to apply instructional design principles, learning theory, and educational technologies in the design and development of online learning experiences
* Experience incorporating multimedia elements (audio, video, and graphics) into blended learning solutions
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Experience working in a project management environment and strong familiarity with project management tools and techniques
* Demonstrated focus on continuous self-learning and exploring new trends, strategies, and practices in the learning and development field
* Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment
* Experience building, maintaining, and strengthening work relationships
* Ability to self-review and meet rigorous quality standards
* Ability to travel as needed
Additional skills and knowledge
* Bachelor's degree and 5 years' experience in instructional design technologies, adult learning, user experience, or related field developing learning experiences in a corporate environment
* Proficiency in MS Office products and at least two additional multimedia and learning technology tools, such as iSpring, Articulate Storyline, Captivate and other Adobe products, SharePoint, Camtasia, and web development software.
* Experience in user experience or customer experience a plus
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let's introduce ourselves.
Picture Yourself Here
Imagine keeping company with big thinkers and even bigger doers who share a common purpose to make a profound difference. Figure in an experience-it-to-believe-it culture, massive growth potential, and benefits galore, and you get the full impression.
We are committed to providing a supportive, equitable environment where you can bring your full, authentic self to your work every day and truly thrive in meaningful ways. Where you can be yourself and belong. Where you can build a career and find community.
At Commonwealth, everyone plays a part in our success story-and in building a more diverse and inclusive workplace, we are broadening our perspectives and capabilities. Together, our potential is limitless. Come join us on the pathway to a brighter future!
Commonwealth Financial Network, Member FINRA/SIPC, a Registered Investment Adviser, provides a suite of business solutions that empowers more than 2,000 independent financial advisors nationwide. J.D. Power ranks Commonwealth '#1 in Independent Advisor Satisfaction Among Financial Investment Firms, Seven Times in a Row.' Privately held since 1979, the firm has headquarters in Waltham, Massachusetts, and San Diego, California.
Turning our advisors into raving fans starts by doing the same for our employees. We foster an environment of excellence, growth, rewards, and fun in equal measure, so our employees genuinely enjoy coming to work. Our refreshing workplace culture has earned us 43 Best Place to Work awards-and counting.
The Fine Print
We care about your online safety as a prospective employee and encourage you to exercise caution when responding to job postings online. Commonwealth will never ask potential hiring candidates to pay or transfer funds as a precondition of interviews or employment, nor will we authorize recruiters or agents to do so on our behalf.
Commonwealth is an equal opportunity employer, making intentional efforts to source candidates from all backgrounds.