RN II-Short Stay
Employment Type: Full-Time
St. John's Regional Medical Center, located in Oxnard, California is a recognized as a Top 250 Hospital in the Nation and as one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care by Healthgrades. St. John's Regional is a part of Dignity Health's Southern California Division and is a member of CommonSpirit Health, the largest not-for-profit health care system in the nation, boasting an integrated network of top quality hospitals, with physicians from the most prestigious medical schools, and comprehensive outpatient services - all recognized for quality, safety, and service. Each hospital is supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to help meet the growing health care needs of our communities. Learn more at www.dignityhealth.org/StJohnsRegional.
In keeping with the Dignity Health core values, the Clinical Nurse II is an experienced Practitioner who demonstrates in-depth knowledge of nursing, patient care and the ability to practice independently. The Clinical Nurse II also serves as a resource person as well as a preceptor. Under minimal supervision, the Clinical Nurse II identifies and implements nursing interventions that have less predictable outcomes and evaluate the results of these interventions for a given patient population.
This position is represented by SEIU, Local 121RN and is covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
* Six (6) months current medical/surgical nursing in an acute care setting or specialty area experience
* Current California Registered Nurse license (LIC RN)
* Current AHA CPR certification (CT CPRBLS)
* AHA PALS and ACLS required within six (6) months of hire (CT PALS) (CTACLS)
* Demonstrates ability to work within a decentralized model of patient care delivery.
* Demonstrates proficient intermediate nursing skills and specialty skills.
* Demonstrates a caring, compassionate attitude toward others.
* Demonstrates ability to assume a leadership role for patient-care teams.
* Demonstrates ability to delegate appropriate patient care tasks, duties, etc. to other people.
* Ability and willingness to actively participate in unit leadership teams, task forces and committees.
* Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize work efficiently.
* Demonstrates clear, effective written and oral English skills, and objective active listening skills.
* Reacts calmly and efficiently in emergencies.
* Acts as a role model for CN I's.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with others across all departments.
* Ability to achieve results for the organization with and through people, utilizing creative and innovative solutions, conflict management problem-solving skills.