RN Charge Nurse Surgery
Employment Type: Full-Time
Founded as a faith-based hospital in 1923 by the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word, Dignity Health - St. Mary Medical Center is a 389-bed, acute care, nonprofit hospital located in Long Beach, California. The hospital offers a full complement of services, including a Level II trauma center, cardiac and vascular center, surgical weight loss, maternity and the CARE Center, which is a recognized PrEP center of excellence. The hospital shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health, one of the nation's five largest health care systems. Visit https://www.dignityhealth.org/socal/locations/stmarymedical for more information.
The Charge Nurse is responsible for organizing, planning, directing, coordinating, and providing high quality, individualized patient care pursuant to the position accountabilities set forth. An experienced Registered Nurse who is independently responsible for:
* Organizing, planning, directing and coordinating the professional staff to ensure the delivery of high quality, individualized patient care. The Charge Nurse will promote the maximum growth and development of the employees and assure patients advocacy under the direction of the Unit Director.
* Observing and ensuring the implementation of the nursing process by other nursing staff members
* Supervising clinical and other non-professional staff.
* Can provide high quality, individualized patient care. #RN@D
Supervisor / Surgical Services / OR / Operating Room
* Minimum of three years recent experience in surgery.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California with a more than satisfactory or outstanding performance rating as a Clinical Nurse III.
* Current BLS, ACLS, PALS certification.