ER Patient Registration
Employment Type: Full-Time
Founded in 1955, Dignity Health - Northridge Hospital Medical Center is a 394-bed, acute care, nonprofit community hospital located in Northridge, California. The hospital offers a full complement of award winning services, including the Leavey Cancer Center, a cardiovascular center, stroke center, the Center for Assault Treatment Services, a pediatric medical center, and the only pediatric trauma center in the San Fernando Valley. As a leading provider of compassionate, high-quality and affordable patient-centered care, we share a rich legacy with Dignity Health, one of the nation's five largest health care systems. We are part of a 21-state network of nearly 9,000 physicians, 62,000 employees and more than 400 care centers. Visit dignityhealth.org/northridgehospital for more information.
ACCESS CARE REP- OUTPATIENT REGISTRATION
Northridge Hospital Medical Center
The Access Care Rep pre-registers and registers patients presenting at the hospital for inpatient and outpatient services. Conducts patient/guarantor interviews, explains hospital policies, patient financial responsibilities and patient's bill of rights. Facilitates the patient admission flow, including activities such as: patient identification, identification of accurate demographic and insurance information, and collection of required signatures and documents. Responsible for the verification and authorization of insurance benefits on all inpatient and outpatient accounts through electronic verification system or through contact with third party payors, in order to obtain accurate and prompt reimbursement. Checks eligibility, benefits, authorization requirements, PCP approval requirements, and billing requirements, as appropriate. Submits notice of admission to payors, as needed. Provides information and answers questions about the Dignity Health's Payment Assistance program. Collects co-payments, and other patient liabilities. Enters the financial and admissions data into the hospital information computer systems.
This position is represented by SEIU-UHW and covered by the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining agreement.
Access Care, Registration, Emergency Room, Financial Counseling, Admissions, Admitting
* Minimum 1 year of experience working in a hospital Patient Registration department, physician office setting, healthcare insurance company, revenue cycle vendor, and/or other revenue cycle related roles.
* Applicable education and/or training can be used to balance a lack of experience High School diploma required, GED or equivalent.
* Thorough understanding of insurance policies and procedures. Working knowledge of medical terminology. Able to perform basic mathematics for payment calculation. Experience in requesting and processing financial payments.
* Intermediate to advanced computer skills required.
* Fire Safety card must be obtained within 90 days of hire.