Account Executive- Family Office and Fund of Funds Software
Employment Type: Full-Time
Join a growing team of passionate, self-motivated, talented, and creative people who are seeking to become the dominant provider of productivity solutions to the alternative investment industry. Backstop is a Chicago-based company that builds leading cloud-based productivity software solutions enabling institutional investors to achieve greater business agility. We take our customers and our services very seriously, but we also know how to enjoy the journey by being a great place to work.
As a mid-market Account Executive you are responsible for new customer sales in the mid-size investment manager space. Our salespeople drive new business by developing leads, qualifying prospects, building business requirements and presenting solutions. You are comfortable presenting to the c-suite and closing business with those relationships is key to your success at Backstop.
* Prospect, manage and win clients in the alternative asset management industry
* Uncover key pains and needs through consultative sales analysis, convert needs analysis into full software demonstration to drive and create value for prospect
* Manage complete and complex sales-cycles often presenting to C-level key decision making executives the value of the full platform features with a detailed consultative approach
* Manage pipeline and provide reporting to key internal partners on a regular basis
* Evangelize the Backstop Solutions Group story and vision primarily through phone and web presentations as well as coordinate key targeted messaging and positioning for account specific initiatives
* Work collaboratively with other company executives, managers, and team members to help nurture our results driven, team oriented environment
* Emulate Backstop Solutions Group in the highest standard with appropriate behavior and character in all business
Experience and Skills
* 1-2 years of B2B sales experience. Software sales experience is preferred.
* Ability to manage the sales cycle from business champion to the CEO level
* Outstanding evangelical sales track record in prospecting and qualifying opportunities, contract negotiation, and closing business ranging in deal size up to $50k.
* Consistent track record of over-achieving quota in past positions
* Previous sales methodology, strategic selling, solution selling, CRM experience and strong customer references preferred
* Knowledge of Family Office, Multi-Family Office, and Fund of Funds and their investment workflows not required but beneficial.
* Bachelor's degree required
* Comprehensive pay and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability
* Parental Leave Benefits
* Retirement with company match ( 401K in the US and Pension in the UK)
* Payed vacation and sick time
* Professional organization memberships
* Caffeine- gourmet coffee, espresso, and tea
* The chance to work for a growing service provider in the alternative financial industry