Employment Type: Full-Time
Coastline Academy is the Modern Driving School.
If you love helping people learn new skills, and value total flexibility in your job, we want to hear from you. We are the fastest growing driving school in California, and we are looking for passionate educators to join our team of instructors. We train you to become a licensed driving instructor and help make the roads safer for everyone.
Our comprehensive training program is provided free of charge to anyone who joins the Coastline team, enabling you to attain a professional license to teach driving. We see this as an opportunity to invest in our people, and to give you a thorough understanding of what it takes to become a high quality driving instructor.
Training begins with online education, in a virtual classroom environment. Once you've completed your studies online, we then move to behind-the-wheel training, ensuring you are confident in your new skills and ready to teach your first lesson.
This is a great opportunity for people who are looking to transition to a new career, or pick up the qualification for a flexible and rewarding job. Our training team is ready and excited to guide you through our program, and to introduce you to other trainees - so you're getting to know your team from day one.
We're looking for both full-time and part-time instructors. You can learn more about what we do at coastlineacademy.com
* a genuine passion for helping people learn
* a calm and patient approach
* an interest in teaching students of all ages
* motivated and excited by the idea of connecting with new people
* a clean, valid driver's license
* ability to pass a background check and drug screen
* willingness to travel approximately 45 minute drive radius for lessons
We're currently hiring in Scott's Valley. If you are outside of this area, we would still love to hear from you; we're growing quickly and are moving into new neighborhoods all the time.
What we offer:
* Training: we offer comprehensive training to each of our instructors. We help you become a DMV licensed instructor and cover the cost of doing so.
* Flexibility: our instructors have full control over their schedules. We welcome full-time, part-time and seasonal (summer) team members.
* Support: while our team members work remotely, we're also building a community of instructors who can help and guide each other
* Competitive pay: starting at $18/hour
* Benefits for full-time employees: health, dental, vision, and paid time off
* Opportunities for growth: we not only want to help you develop your teaching skills now, but we will have opportunities to take on more responsibility with the team as we continue to grow.
How to apply:
Reply with your resume. Please use the cover letter section to share why you want to be a driving instructor, and why it would be a great fit for you based on your experience.