Associate Technician Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Associate Technician Manager
The Coastline team continues to grow! As we add more Fleet Technicians to our team, we need leaders to step up and help support them, as well as help coordinate Fleet Operations. While we continue to expand here at Coastline, we want to make sure that every Fleet Technician has the same level of support from their leader, regardless of our size. This is where the Associate Technician Manager role comes in!
Associate Technician Managers will perform most of the important functions when it comes to managing the fleet team, day to day operations, oversight and accountability, as well as perform all of the duties of a Fleet Technician as needed.
The successful Associate Technician Manager will be the subject matter expert on all Coastline Fleet operations; performing them daily as needed while learning, growing and expanding their knowledge and experience daily, which will give them an opportunity to train all new Fleet Technicians joining the team, as well as continuously improve the processes within Fleet Support and Fleet Operations.
The Associate Technician Manager position is the first step on the management track, however, there is no requirement that an Associate Technician Manager would intend to become a Technician Manager. Whether your goal is to be a support to Fleet Technicians in your area indefinitely, or to become a Technician Manager with your own team, you are encouraged to apply.
Associate Technician Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Having availability to support our instructors, fleet technicians, and fleet support specialists.
* Maintaining daily communication with the team as well as leadership.
* Tracking team performance by metrics (punctuality, efficiency, communication, accuracy) and maintaining accountability for daily workloads and projects.
* Communicating daily, weekly, and monthly vehicle and fleet team metrics to leadership.
* Working with the Sr. Director of Fleet Operations on coaching and training strategies and goals for the fleet team, and sharing when improvements have been accomplished.
* Coordinating Fleet Technicians' vehicle deliveries, exchanges, and retrievals.
* Inspecting and assisting in the purchase of fleet vehicles
* Transporting vehicles between various locations (storage facilities, repair shops, etc)
* Driving varying distances for pick up, exchange, or delivery.
* Ensuring cleanliness of interior and exterior of vehicle and facility.
* Equipping and maintaining vehicles with all necessary supplies, safety items, and telemetry systems.
* Ordering, organizing, stocking, and shipment of various supplies and equipment as needed by the team
* A deep and genuine enthusiasm for Coastline Fleet Operations and Fleet Support.
* A passion for helping people to thrive in their jobs, and motivating them to succeed.
* Comfort with technology and learning new platforms.
* A strong interest in communication, documentation, and accountability.
Nice to have:
This role would be better suited to experienced Coastline fleet technicians, well-versed in fleet operations, fleet support, and able to navigate complex situations and incidents. That said, we're open to hearing from anyone with a desire to grow and take on new challenges and responsibilities.
What we offer:
* Compensation: Starting at $18/hr to $22/hr based on experience and skill set
* Comprehensive Benefits Package for full-time employees: health, dental, vision, paid time off and 401K
* A supportive and helpful work community
* An autonomous work environment in which all contributions and ideas are valued
* Opportunities for growth
How to apply:
Reply with your resume. Please use the cover letter section to share why you want to be an Associate Technician Manager and why it would be a great fit for you based on your experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. That means that we support diversity and inclusion and do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law or local ordinance.