SVP, Finance and Head of FP&A. Enterprise Software
Employment Type: Full-Time
Cloudera is the market leader in hybrid multi cloud data analytics.
In October 2021 Cloudera (NYSE: CLDR) was acquired by two global investment firms, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and KKR. This is the beginning of a new chapter for Cloudera, our mission is to make data and analytics easy and accessible, for everyone. With the backing of our investors Cloudera has the flexibility and resources to accelerate product innovation, cloud transformation and customer growth. Cloudera is leading the way with CDP - the industry's first Enterprise Data Cloud, and the only true hybrid and multi-cloud solution purpose-built to address the complete data lifecycle - from the Edge to AI.
The Role: The SVP Finance/FP&A leader will have a 360 degree view of the company and lead the Finance team with responsibility for budgeting, financial oversight & planning for all business units within Cloudera. The SVP of Finance and their team will partner GTM, G&A, Professional Services, Product/Engineering, Customer Success, Support, Analytics & Marketing teams as well as take responsibility for IR.
As a key leader in the Cloudera finance function the SVP Finance leader will provide financial oversight and strategy for Cloudera and is responsible for long term strategic planning, monthly and annual budget planning for the organisation. Reporting to the CFO, this role is highly visible and will interact frequently with the CEO, COO, President and other C-Level executives as well as presentation of reports at board level.
Cloudera is looking for an SVP that can demonstrate a passion for how the Finance function can influence the trajectory of an organisation in fulfilling its vision. Above all we are seeking a leader that has demonstrated the ability to scale and operate the finance function for an Enterprise Software Company.
Location: As part of Cloudera's commitment to work life balance, the SVP of Finance role can be on-site or fully remote.
* Lead by example, build a world class Finance team by developing and adding new talent to the current Finance & FP&A team. Manage the Corporate Finance, FP&A team as well as the Finance Business Partners that support the business functions.
* The Finance leader will be responsible for scaling Cloudera to a multi billion dollar Enterprise Software company.
* Coordinate and prepare quarterly board reports for review and analysis by the Board of Directors.
* Partnering with C Level executives with an ability to influence.
* The Finance lead will work in partnership with business unit leadership teams, will lead the long-range planning and annual budgeting processes, as well as reporting and data analysis efforts to provide insights to your business partners.
* Ability to nurture cross-functional collaboration with other business units and functions.
* Ensure an effective and robust finance and planning infrastructure is in place:Ensure timely and accurate budget vs actual analysis and future projections.
* Work with leaders of business groups to ensure forecasts and financial targets will be achieved.
* Responsible for creating KPI and dashboard framework such that all KPIs have definitions and are integrated into the Company's financial model.
* Overseeing sales and margin planning, including annual plan, monthly forecast, month-end close, intra-month sales flash projections, and financial reporting with consideration for cross-segment and full P&L impacts.
* Analyze the company's financial results - profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management.
* Experience developing and managing strategic financial projects/programs.
* Proven success in building effective business partnerships at the senior level.
* Strong ability to influence and provide strategic recommendations to C-suite decision makers.
* Must have strong quantitative and analytical thinking skills.
* Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
* Excellent leadership and managerial skills, including leading change.
* Advanced knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems.
* Ability to organize, manage and prioritize multiple projects