Research Associate II
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Research Associate II
Reports to: Scientist II or higher
FLSA Class: Exempt
Introduction to Job Post:
At Takara Bio USA, our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills aimed at developing new streamlined solutions for complex problems. As a highly motivated, hands-on Research Associate II you will join our talented R&D team and assist with developing products that focus on solutions for the evolving NGS preparation system landscape. A successful candidate will be a detail-oriented individual who thrives in an evolving environment and has a solid background in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology or related field. The candidate will work under the direction of senior research associates or scientists and must be proficient in the design, execution, and analysis of experiments.
The Research Associate II role is office-based, located in Mountain View, CA.
* Works primarily in the laboratory to conduct experiments under supervision of other senior research associates or scientists.
* Executes routine experiments by selecting and performing appropriate techniques following general guidance or protocol. Performs more complex tasks with appropriate guidance from supervisor.
* Conduct experiments through product development launch cycle from feasibility test through transfer to manufacturing.
* Utilizes literature reviews, protocols, SOPs and prior laboratory experience to assist with experimental design, assay development, and workflow optimization.
* Perform and optimize complex NGS Platform workflow steps including sample preparation, qPCR, RT-PCR, library preparation, quantification and sequencing.
* Operation of next-generation sequencing instrumentation and NGS data analysis to derive insights.
* Accurately records procedures, materials used, and results obtained, enabling others to understand and reproduce results.
* Prepares technical reports, summarizing experiments done including an analysis of results obtained, and contributes to development of follow-on experiments.
* Presents and discusses experimental results with R&D members in group setting.
* Assists in the preparation and reviewing of technical documents including work instructions and user manuals.
* Shares responsibility for general laboratory maintenance and housekeeping, including organization and purchasing of laboratory reagents and maintaining laboratory stocks.
* May provide technical training to other laboratory personnel.
* This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Education/Certification, Experience, and Competencies:
* BA, BS or MS degree in relevant scientific discipline.
* Minimum of 2 - 5 years related experience.
* Demonstrated ability to perform a range of general laboratory procedures independently.
* Comfort using automation and instrumentation.
* Accurate note-taking ability.
* Adaptable to shifting demands.
Takara Bio USA, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.