Employment Type: Full-Time
The perfect candidate shares our passion for excellence and approaches the technical writer role with a user-first mentality. We are looking for a technically skilled person with superb interpersonal skills, strong writing abilities, and a passion to make customers happy!
Our product is unique in the sense that it's highly customizable - it can be used for use cases ranging from very simple to highly complex. We're looking for a candidate who is adaptable and can understand all the nuances of our platform. It will be your job to bring clarity to our help and API docs to showcase the true value of our platform to any and all segments of visitors. Ultimately, we want to create simple and effective self serve materials to ensure users can answer their own questions with a simple search of our resource center.
* - Write simple and thorough copy for help and API docs for new features.
* - Update existing help and API docs to reduce confusion based on feedback from our clients and the support team.
* - Work with product managers, product marketing, engineers and customer support to produce and maintain world-class documentation, including: User Guides, Integration Guides, and API Developer Guides.
* - Learn complex concepts, and communicate the information in a way that is engaging and understood by users.
* - Write for a variety of audiences, from non-technical end users to programmers, system administrators, and integrators.
* - Integrate use case and functional data into user documentation and examples.
* - Gather customer feedback on documentation to improve usability.
* - Assist in planning, scheduling, and tracking documentation work to meet product release dates and client deliverables.
* - BA/BS in Technical Communication or related discipline, or at least 2-3 years of experience in writing complex documentation for web-based software.
* - Strong written and verbal communications and experience working with content in multiple mediums.
* - Experience working cross-departmentally to communicate the nuts and bolts of a product.
* - Strong experience owning an end-to-end documentation creation process.
* - Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment.
* - Ability to read and understand code to create proper API documentation.
* - A positive attitude, willing to jump in and tackle new challenges.
* - A familiarity with API documentation for REST APIs.
* - Experience with project management software and other productivity tools in order to understand the pain points of our customers.
* - SaaS experience is preferred.
* - Able to embrace new technology, and leverage knowledge and experience to promote innovative, engaging, and effective video and blog solutions with originality.
* - Ability to thrive in our fast-paced, ever-changing, and highly collaborative environment; and assisting in other marketing, customer support, and company activities as needed.
* - Bring creativity, problem solving, and great communication skills to manage multiple projects.
Or share this role
* You're able to switch contexts quickly and effectively
* You want to work somewhere where you'll make an impact
* You manage your time wisely
* You consider yourself GREAT
* You value working hard and working smart
* You're naturally empathetic
* You enjoy a fast paced, high growth environment
* You believe in the mission of making the world more productive
* You love ClickUp
If you love what you do and wake up excited, you'll fit right in!
Just some of what we provide.
* Opportunity to earn equity in fast growing company
* New MacBook Pro
* Health insurance (100% of premium paid)
* Dental insurance (100% of premium paid)
* Opportunity for cash bonuses
* Commuter benefits
* Team lunches each week
* Unlimited snacks & drinks in office
* Continued learning (Access to tons of paid courses)
* Unlimited kombucha and cold brew on tap
* 401k with 100% employer match up to 2% of annual salary
Our six step process.