Hourly - Ticket Scanner
Employment Type: Full-Time
TheLesher Center for the Artsis currently hiring for Ticket Scanners! Ticket Scanners work in cooperation with Lesher Center's house managers, theater technicians, volunteer ushers, and other staff to ensure that events run smoothly. For a typical event, scanners arrive an hour and 15 minutes prior to curtain and assist the house manager prepare for the audience and event. Following the start of the performance or event, scanners perform a variety of duties, including restoring the lobby areas for intermission
Most Ticket Scanners are scheduled for 2-hour shifts during many Lesher Center events, mostly evenings and weekends. Schedules are issued monthly and shift availability varies based on the performance calendar. Experienced Ticket Scanners are scheduled as Balcony Leads, a 3-hour shift for qualifying performances.
As aTicket Scanner, you can expect to:
* Greet all guests upon entrance with a smile.
* Provide guest assistance at venue entrances.
* Use ticket scanners (hand-held devices to validate ticket admission) at venue entrance, while being attentive to lobby needs.
* Admit guests in to the venue, who present a valid ticket, and deny access or redirect those who do not.
* Address questions, including directions around the Center and performance information.
* Act upon all comments/complaints in a prompt, service-minded manner.
Education and Experience:
Some High School required. Work permit required for those in school and under 18 years old.
We're looking for someone who is:
* A cooperative presence when working with a team.
* Comfortable with dynamic situations and large groups of people.
* Has the ability to demonstrate customer care.
* Comfortable with handheld technology, such as smartphones and barcode readers.
* Courteous - Naturally enjoy dealing with people and do so in a manner that will make the patron feel sincerely appreciated.
* Responsible - Report to their scheduled shifts consistently.
* Self-Motivated - Offer assistance to any guest who appears to need help. Think on their feet, and in effect, manage themselves.
* Knowledgeable - Know, or the ability to learn, the Lesher Center (its programming, mission, and layout) and furnish guests with the information they need to give them a positive experience.
TICKET SCANNERSmay undergo Department of Justice and FBI fingerprinting as part of the background process.
1. Submit your application through governmentjobs.com.
2. The Department will contact you directly based on current vacancies for an interview. Should you have any questions on the status of your application, please reach out to the Audience Services Coordinator atcegg@LesherARTScenter.org.