Employment Type: Part-Time
$15.00 - $20.00 Hourly
The City of Morgan Hill is currently accepting applications. Please be advised that due to the County of Santa Clara order to shelter in place, interviews have been postponed until further notice.
Choose Morgan Hill: The City of Morgan Hill is the best community for people to live, work, visit, and operate their businesses.
The City of Morgan Hill and the Maintenance Team are looking to hire multiple individuals to join our team. The Maintenance Assistant is responsible for general maintenance, custodial tasks, and room set-up at our Parks and City Facilities. This position may rotate work locations and is an excellent opportunity to learn and gain valuable maintenance experience.
This is a part-time position without benefits. The salary range for this position is $15.00-$20.00 per hour. Examples of Duties
* Perform minor repairs such as painting, plumbing, wall patching, spot stain removal and others.
* Utilizes a variety of equipment including pressure washers, scrubbers, man lift, power tools, pool vacuums and other maintenance equipment
* Tests pool chemicals
* Handle and assist with event planning and staff needs with tasks including: moving and arranging tables and chairs, setting up sound systems, projectors and other items as needed.
* Assists with custodial tasks including: vacuuming carpets, sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning windows, emptying trash, cleaning kitchen, cleaning and supplying restrooms.
* Performs park cleanings which includes litter control, restroom clean up, tree trimming, and clearing brush
* Perform other duties as assigned
Must be able to work independently, often with limited/no supervision or direction; adhere to safety procedures, practices and policies of each Recreation Facility and the City of Morgan Hill; establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff . Read, understand and apply written instructions and room layouts.
* Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
* Previous experience in facility maintenance/custodial work a plus.
* Position requires availability of 12 - 20 hours per week. Applicants must be willing to work flexible hours; including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays. Must have knowledge of methods, tools, and equipment used in the maintenance of public buildings and facilities; work safety practices and procedures. Must be able to lift boxes and other objects weighing up to 50 pounds; Possession of a valid California Class C driver's license in compliance with adopted City of Morgan Hill driving standards.
Part-time, temporary positions are non-benefitted, at-will positions. Part-time employees are enrolled in the PARS retirement system and the employee pays 7.5%, which is deducted from the employees' payroll check. The PARS retirement system is in lieu of participating in social security. Part-time employees participate in the Medicare portion of social security as that is a required program.
You may accrue up to 24 hours a year in sick leave based on the number of hours worked within the year.
Agency City of Morgan Hill
Address 17575 Peak Avenue
Morgan Hill, California, 95037