Assistant Aquatics Coach
Employment Type: Part-Time
Assistant Aquatics Coach
$18.00 - $20.00 Hourly
Choose Morgan Hill: The City of Morgan Hill is the best community for people to live, work, visit, and operate their businesses.
Splash Aquatics runs a swimming and water polo program for youth in our community. The Assistant Aquatics Coach position will work with participates from 5 to 17 years of age, including individuals with special needs, to provide swim workouts and to teach and improve swimming form. This position is under the general supervision of the Aquatics Center Recreation Coordinator.
School Year August-May: 10 to 20 hours per week, Monday through Friday from 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
Summer June & July: 18 to 30 hours per week, Monday through Friday from 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM and on Saturdays if we run swim meets.
Applicants must be willing to work outside in a variety of weather conditions.
The salary range for this position is $18.00 to $20.00 per hour. This is a year-round, part time position.
Application and Selection Process
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please apply on-line at www.morganhill.ca.gov and submit an application and answer any supplemental questions to be considered for the position. Please be advised that the closing date may be extended.
Applications will be screened and those applicants who possess the minimum qualifications will be invited to an oral interview. Prior to appointment, a TB test and background check must be completed, including fingerprinting for submission to the Department of Justice. Examples of Duties
* Lead participants in planned, structured workouts provided by the Head Coach.
* Observe athletes to detect and correct swimming mistakes; provide feedback on performance.
* Assistant in the development of the Splash aquatics program to foster both personal and athletic growth among the participates.
* Effectively communicate to supervisor and coaching staff. Keep participants and parents informed about their progress.
* Inform Aquatics Coordinator and/or supervisor of any safety issues or concerns.
* Ensures the safety of all program participants by enforcement of pool policies and rules; submit accident/incident reports to Aquatics Coordinator within 24 hours of the incident.
* Performs rescues, administers first aid, performs Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), and summons supervisors and emergency personnel as required for injuries or other medical emergencies
* Promote team spirit and good sportsmanship at all times.
* Perform related duties as assigned.
* Must be 18 years of age or older at time of appointment.
* Proficient in the English language for verbal and written communication. Bilingual is desirable.
* Possess a courteous, professional manner.
* Graduation from high school or GED equivalent is desirable.
* Previous experience as a Swim Coach or Water Polo Coach is desirable.
* Red Cross Lifeguard, First Aid and CPR certifications along with Safety Training for Swim Coaches must be obtained within three month after hire.
* Position requires availability as follows:
* August-May: 10 to 20 hours per week, Monday through Friday from 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
* June & July: 18 to 30 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM and Saturdays if we run swim meets.
Applicants must be willing to work outdoors in varying weather conditions. Applicants must be physically capable of sustained walking, standing, or climbing. Applicants must be willing to work flexible hours; including evenings, weekends and holidays. Applicants must be willing to wear City of Morgan Hill uniform.Applicants must be willing to work outside in a variety of weather conditions.
It is required that all employees fill out the COVID-19 Shift Health questionnaire prior to entering the facility. A face covering must be worn at all times during your shift at the Aquatics Center, with the exception during a demonstration of a stroke in the water. Supplemental Information
Part-time, temporary positions are non-benefitted, at-will positions. Part-time employees are enrolled in the PARS retirement system and the employee pays 7.5%, which is deducted from the employees' payroll check. The PARS retirement system is in lieu of participating in social security. Part-time employees participate in the Medicare portion of social security as that is a required program.
You may accrue up to 24 hours a year in sick leave based on the number of hours worked within the year.
Have you taught swim lessons to adults or children?
When are you available to start?
Agency City of Morgan Hill
Address 17575 Peak Avenue
Morgan Hill, California, 95037