Senior Manager, Product Strategy & Innovation
Employment Type: Full-Time
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
The Senior Manager is responsible for developing a portfolio of forward leaning products and innovations aligned with City of Hope's enterprise strategy. This person will play an important role in designing new commercial products or programs to improve the lives of cancer patients, families, and caregivers. Commercial segments include payors, providers, employers, pharma/bio, and direct-to-consumer. In this role, the Sr. Manager takes ownership for strategic product development from insight to business case development to early operationalization.
City of Hope is embarking on a bold digital/ clinical innovation agenda aimed at transforming our delivery of health care and leveraging new/emerging technologies and channels. This is a great opportunity for anyone excited to be on the ground floor of clinical delivery innovation aimed at driving business growth and also changing the face of cancer care in this country.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Lead the conception, development, and launch of product development through business case development from research, analysis, and inference; build/collaborate to develop financial model to support business case.
* Interact with all other necessary departments to define segment needs, technical requirements, channel partners, and other product development activities, aimed at ensuring the overall success of the portfolio.
* Develop strategies and manage implementation timelines that align with team's goals.
* Recommend new components, tools, and technical partnerships required for successful product development which will require budgeted funds.
* Create, manage and execute project work stream work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
* Assist the business ventures team in ensuring that key steps are properly documented, tracked, assigned and completed as needed. Escalates issues/risks in timely manner.
* Lead and assist clinical leadership and departments develop programs/ products aligned with City of Hope's strategies.
* Monitors key organizational metrics and produces meaningful reports to Leadership to ensure alignment of business development plans and proposals impacting organizational, financial, and operational results through business development activities.
* With guidance from Director, exercises independent judgment and critical thinking skills to develop business plans and cases in support of growth.
* Supports and participates in the implementation of marketing strategies that promote programs/products.
* Lead or facilitate completion of special projects as assigned.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Public Health, or related discipline.
* Minimum 6 years' professional experience in complex project management, strategic planning, business management/development, or analysis.
* Prior experience with complex project management functions.
* Understand and managed complex project management functions.
* Be able to work in a complex, matrixed healthcare environment that requires intense interdepartmental collaboration.
* Self-starter with strong organizational and problem-solving skills and the ability to work with multiple priorities.
Preferred education experience and skills:
* Master's degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Public Health, or related discipline.
* Matrixed health system, product development, design thinking, business development, hospital operations experience.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. #LI-RA
* Posting Date: Feb 18, 2021
* Job Field: Business Services
* Employee Status: Regular
* Shift: Day Job