Research Associate II - Monoclonal Antibodies
Employment Type: Full-Time
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
A Research Associate II position is immediately available for a bright, well-organized, motivated individual to work in a multidisciplinary antibody development group. The focus of this project is the development of near infrared labeled monoclonal antibodies for preclinical real-time intraoperative surgery.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Responsibilities include mammalian expression, purification, conjugation and biochemical analysis of novel recombinant antibodies as well as conducting mouse optical imaging and surgical studies.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
* Requires a bachelor's degree. Master's degree preferred
* Two years related research/ laboratory experience with a Bachelor's degree or one year related research/ laboratory experience with a Master's degree
* Additional skills include method development, documentation of data, presentation of results, troubleshooting, implementing new technologies and general laboratory maintenance.
* To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
* Posting Date: Nov 17, 2021
* Job Field: Research
* Employee Status: Regular
* Shift: Day Job