Reserve Police Officer
Employment Type: Full-Time
The City of Hayward invites applications for Reserve Officer.
FINAL FILING DATE: Continuous. Reserve Officers work on a voluntary basis. Time requirements are a minimum of 20 hours per month. There are currently 25 openings for Reserve Officer.
THE DEPARTMENT: The Hayward Police Department is comprised of a staff of 197 full time and 25 Reserve sworn personnel, and 124 professional staff. The Department supports a Community Policing philosophy and offers excellent promotional and special assignment opportunities. Reserve Officers enjoy a minimum of 9 training days per year.
THE POSITION: Duties include a wide variety of law enforcement assignments including but not limited to: patrol, traffic control, criminal and juvenile investigation, and radio communication. These require operating a patrol car, arresting and citing violators of laws, writing reports, serving warrants, testifying in court and providing information to the public.
Level II and Level III Reserve Officers that are interested in performing communication dispatch duties are invited to apply. Safety equipment is provided at no cost. A three year commitment to the Reserve Bureau is desirable.
ENTRY AND LATERAL EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Experience and Certification: Valid basic P.O.S.T Certificate, valid Level I, or valid Level II or valid Level III P.OS.T. Certificate
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Licenses: Possession and maintenance of a valid Class C California Driver's License.
* Free of any felony convictions.
* A citizen of the United States or a permanent resident alien who is eligible for and has applied for citizenship (Government Code Para. 1031).
* Not less than 21 years of age at time of appointment.
* Vision in each eye, correctable to at least 20/30.
* Must pass a background investigation.
* Must meet all Department medical, physical and psychological standards.
* Bi-lingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
SELECTION PROCEDURE: Candidates must submit a completed City of Hayward job application, valid Basic P.O.S.T Certificate, or Level II Certificate, valid WSTB Physical Agility score of 384 or above, a 'T' score of 50 or above, and a writing sample, to be considered. Application packets will be screened by a qualified appraisal panel and candidates considered best qualified based on the information provided, will move forward in the examination process.
APPLICATIONS: Applications can be obtained by calling the Reserve Bureau at (510) 293-7089. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
This summary provides a brief overview of the benefits available to regular full-time City employees. As indicated in the 2020 Benefit Summary, some employee groups have different benefits based upon negotiated agreements. Depending on employee group, some of these benefits may include:
* Your choice of CalPERS Medical Plan (with generous employer contribution)
* CalPERS Defined Benefit Retirement Plan (2.5% at 55 for Classic CalPERS members | 2.0% at 62 for New CalPERS members | 3.0% at 50 for Classic Safety members | 2.7% at 57 for New Safety Members)
* Dental Insurance (plans available through Dental Dental or United Concordia)
* Vision Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Disability Insurance
* Paid Leave
* Paid Holidays
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Health and Wellness Reimbursement
* Professional Development Reimbursement
* 457 Deferred Compensation Plan (employee paid)
* Other Employee Paid benefits include Aflac, LegalShield, etc.
To view a summary of the benefits the City offers, please click here.
Agency City of Hayward
Address 777 B Street
Hayward, California, 94541
Please verify your email address Verify Email