Recreation Leader II
Employment Type: Full-Time
The City of Brentwood Parks and Recreation Department is seeking motivated, energetic, team-oriented individuals who enjoy working with children and are serious about having fun!Specific responsibilities include supervising and actively participating with first through fifth grade students in structured activities such as games, camp songs, arts & crafts, swimming and field trips in a recreational park setting.
For more information please see the job description here.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
* Minimum of one (1) year of customer service experience.
* Possession of a valid California driver's license.
* Be able to obtain certification in American Red Cross Adult/Pediatric First Aid/CPR and AED or equivalent within 90 days of employment.
Applicants must submit the following:
* City of Brentwood Employment Application
Postmarks, faxes and incomplete applications will not be accepted. Your application must be filled out completely online. Resumes may also be submitted but it is not a substitute for a completed application.
The recruitment process will consist of:
* Review of applications for minimum qualifications for the position and to ensure all materials have been submitted.
* Department Interview - Applicants possessing these requirements may be invited to interview with the Parks and Recreation Department. The interview will cover elements of the knowledge and abilities identified in the job description. All interviews will be held in the front office at the Brentwood Family Aquatic Complex 195 Griffith Lane. Interviews run at 20 minute intervals from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm and are tentatively scheduled for:
* March 25 and April 22
* Fingerprinting - Applicants who are offered a job will be required to pass a TB andHepBscreening through their doctor and will be fingerprinted through the City. Fingerprinting appointments are tentatively scheduled for:
* April 8 and May 6
* Orientation - Applicants who have passed all of the pre-employment requirements and have submitted all of their documents will be scheduled for their first day of orientation whichis tentatively scheduled for:
* April 8, 2021
* April 22, 2021
* May 6, 2021
DISCLAIMER: The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, and any provisions contained in this bulletin may be modified or revoked without notice. Tests may consist of any combination of written, oral or other exercises or assessment procedures that test content. Components may include, but are not necessarily limited to, typing, math, reading, writing and analytical skills; problem solving ability; computer and software proficiency, or any other job-related knowledge, skill, ability or qualification. The City may, without notice, change or eliminate any particular assessment component or combination of components as needs dictate.
All correspondence regarding application status, test and/or interview dates, etc. will be sent by email. Please check your email folders, including your junk/spam folders and accept emails from the domaingovernmentjobs.com, neogov.com, or brentwoodca.gov. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure a correct email address is provided and that all correspondence is received.
The City of Brentwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.