Service Representative I
Employment Type: Full-Time
Provides prompt, efficient, and friendly service. Responsible for any combination of the following transactions: check cashing; deposits; withdrawals; consumer, real estate, and commercial loan payments; money order and check sales; traveler's checks processing; and foreign currency exchange. Refers cross-sales customers to appropriate salesperson. May also be responsible for handling merchant customers and cash shipments and deposits in addition to processing federal tax deposits for FICA wages. Follows established bank policies and procedures for this position and follows the supervisor's direction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Complies with and stays abreast of all policies and procedures, federal and state laws applicable to the job.
* Answers all incoming telephone calls and assists or directs callers.
* Takes messages.
* Greets Customers in person or on the telephone.
* Light filing.
* Inputs check orders.
* Input straight deposits, payments (no cash).
* Process address changes.
* Call customers to verify checks, to assist in processing various reports
* Contact customers on return items
* Receives commercial and individual checking deposits, verifies endorsement, and issues receipts
* Receives savings deposits.
* Places holds on accounts for uncollected funds according to Reg. CC.
* Receive loan payments, checks due dates, and assesses late charges when applicable.
* Accepts requests for purchase of U.S. Savings Bonds.
* Accepts and places stop payment requests, accepts check reorders, and address changes, distributes these to proper personnel for processing.
* Always keeps negotiable items secure and maintains a high level of safety for the Bank.
* Must be familiar with, and in compliance with, all banking regulations as applicable.
* Answer customer questions when necessary, always using the opportunities to cross-sell other bank services.
* Processes any of the following:
* Incoming mail, courier, ATM, Night Drop and payments
* Treasury tax (TT&L) and loan payments
* Signature cards
* Performs miscellaneous duties requested by a supervisor relating to the Bank and its functions.
* Provide, present and promote The Citizens Experience to all external and internal customers.
* Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and a minimum of six months experience as a service representative in a financial institution; or six months experience with cash handling and customer service.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
20 hours per week.