Head Teller - Redwood City Branch
Employment Type: Full-Time
Our employees are energetic and dedicated individuals who work in a fast-paced and challenging position that relies on the ability to think and react quickly, formulate creative solutions to pressing problems, and serve clients with dedication. Our employees serve as the human voice and personality behind the Citi brand as they provide quality customer service with each and every client interaction.
The Head Teller is an entry-level position responsible for executing day-to-day banking activities, including the delivery of client-facing services and processing transactions, in coordination with the Customer Service function. The overall objective is to utilize banking knowledge to provide high quality customer service and to help the branch generate revenue by delivering optimal solutions.
* Execute daily, weekly and monthly operational tasks, inspections and correspondence with virtual branch support
* Lead and mentor tellers through assigning work and providing technical guidance when needed
* Serve as the first point of contact for Citi clients and provide a positive first impression through friendly and efficient customer service
* Perform efficient and accurate banking transactions including, managing cash supply for the branch, processing incoming/outgoing cash deposits, and maintaining branch vault cash
* Adhere to bank policies, operational controls, and regulatory procedures to ensure the safety and security of customer and bank assets
* Ensure all client needs are met and effectively manage any client issues/concerns, escalating as needed
* Maintain working knowledge of client accounts as well as new and existing products and services offered
* Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
* 1 year relevant experience
* Demonstrated sales and customer service experience
* Money handling experience
* Demonstrated leadership skills
* Effective problem solving and communication skills
* Ability to work well in a team oriented environment
* High School diploma or equivalent
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.