AppD Technical Leader, Software Core Services
Employment Type: Full-Time
What You'll Do
AppDynamics's software engineers are passionate about continuously improving both what we deliver and how we deliver our product to customers. As a Technical Lead Engineer in our Accounts Foundation team, you will:
* Drive the development of high performance, secure, foundational services critical for running our global SaaS platform.
* Develop server-side products in the area of authentication, authorization and software security.
* Communicate and collaborate with our internal partner teams in developing new features building the world's next great Application Intelligence Platform.
* Be a standout colleague who enjoys collaborating with, learning from, mentoring, and teaching other team members to build a positive work environment.
About the Role
Our team is responsible for providing centralized authentication, authorization and auditing capabilities for the AppDynamics platform, which handles millions of requests per minute.
As part of the role, you will have the opportunity to work on building foundational microservices that will be deployed both in our SaaS environment and on-premises. These services will be used by a broad spectrum of other teams within AppDynamics to develop our next-generation cloud and container monitoring technologies.
Who You'll Work With
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance, so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance.
AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
Who You Are
We are looking for an experienced engineer with strong understanding of developing and deploying SaaS software at scale. Important requirements include:
* 8+ years experience developing highly scalable, distributed applications and services
* Software and product development experience in cloud computing or distributed systems on Linux and UNIX based systems
* Sound knowledge of data structures, algorithms and other computer science basics
* Experience with Agile software development methodologies is highly desired.
* Experience writing, analyzing and optimizing low latency, parallel and concurrent code
* Prior experience with authentication and authorization standards, protocols and technologies, including OAuth2, OIDC, RBAC and ABAC.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech enthusiasts, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are optimists and we are doers. Recently we have won the #1 employer in the World award.
* Medical, dental, vision coverage
* 401k match (4.5%)
* Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
* 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
* Company shut down between Christmas and New Years
* Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks your heart desires, monthly happy hour events, and weekly massages
* Brand new state-of-the-art office in downtown San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike-share station
* Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits