Venture Senior Associate, SeedInvest
Employment Type: Full-Time
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 30 billion in circulation and supported over $1.2+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle's payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle's SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle's suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you'll be part of:
With the mission 'To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,' Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
Circle's SeedInvest service is the leading equity crowdfunding platform in the U.S., offering a two-sided marketplace for issuers and investors and enabling internet-native private capital markets to grow and flourish. SeedInvest dramatically changes the way private companies can raise capital and offers investors direct access to seed and growth stage private companies. SeedInvest supports a rapidly growing marketplace of ~500,000+ investors and hundreds of entrepreneurs and startups, deploying over $300 million into nearly 250 startups across a wide range of sectors, stages, and geographies.
What you'll be responsible for:
As a member of the Venture team for SeedInvest at Circle, you will be responsible for sourcing early and growth stage investment opportunities across a range of sectors, stages, and geographies for potential listing on the www.seedinvest.com investment platform. This is a dynamic, multi-faceted role combining outbound sales and founder education of regulatory exemptions and SeedInvest products. Successful Venture team members are able to constantly and quickly identify and reach a large number of founders, build trust with founders and their stakeholders, and effectively communicate the benefits of equity crowdfunding and SeedInvest relative to traditional forms of venture capital.
What you'll work on:
* Generate leads for new investment opportunities.
* Hit metrics for lead generation, outreach, and signed allocation for listing on SeedInvest.
* Build and maintain relations with startup founders, management teams, and related stakeholders.
* Take ownership of presentations to educate founders about SeedInvest.
* Collaborate with Marketing, Onboarding, and Venture Growth teams to close on investment allocations.
* Execute on outbound sales strategies including cold outreach.
* Perform due diligence on select investment opportunities and present to the Deal Committee.
You will aspire to our four core values:
* Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees, and families and local communities.
* Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener, and to pay attention to detail.
* Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity, and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
* High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty, and intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
* 5+ years of experience in a sales-heavy environment (e.g., investment banking, consulting, enterprise sales, or sourcing-heavy VC/PE).
* Extended experience sourcing investment opportunities at a VC/growth fund or generating sales opportunities at a B2B firm.
* Demonstrated track record closing investment opportunities at a VC/growth fund or sales opportunities at a B2B firm.
* Meaningful and broad existing connections within the startup ecosystem.
* Deep passion for and extensive knowledge of venture capital and entrepreneurship.
* Excellent finance and accounting skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Unwavering attention to detail.
* Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack, and AppleMacOS preferred.
* You have prior experience working at or with startups
* You hold Series 82 and 63 licenses
Location: While our HQ is the internet, ideally this candidate is based in the East Coast time zone. Candidates should be aware that the majority of the team is based in the NYC and Miami areas and that the workday is scheduled around the East Coast time zone.
More about SeedInvest:
SeedInvest is the creator of www.seedinvest.com, a venture/startup equity investment platform, and aims to be the largest online private capital marketplace in the world. SeedInvest believes that private markets should not be closed, opaque, and accessible only by a wealthy few, but by all entrepreneurs and investors regardless of geography, access, demographics, or background. SeedInvest was instrumental in the passage of the 2012 JOBS Act, which changed 80-year-old U.S. securities laws to make it possible for entrepreneurs to raise capital over the Internet, and has since worked actively with the SEC and other regulators to re-invent the legacy investment banking and private capital market rails that have remained unchanged for nearly a century. SeedInvest is in the early innings of having 'a bit of private investment' in everyone's investment portfolio and believes its growing suite of products will give rise to a new generation of investors and startups that will participate in a vibrant, liquid, and accessible private capital market unlike ever before.
More about Venture at SeedInvest:
SeedInvest's Venture team is responsible for sourcing and diligencing investment opportunities on behalf of the SeedInvest platform and our broader investor network. Venture combines investment acumen with enterprise sales, as team members are responsible for both identifying compelling investment opportunities that meet the standards of our highly vetted platform while also knowing how to get in front of the right companies, at the right time, and effectively communicate the benefits of working with SeedInvest to companies that have options as to where and from whom they raise capital.