Health Information Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Health Information Technician (HIT) is responsible for providing support on the daily interface between clinicians, medical, dental, behavioral health staff and the electronic health records. The HIT will serve as a specialist/integrator in the implementation and ongoing support of multi-service clinical software applications used for the clinic EHR. This position will be responsible for the coordination of deploying new portions of the clinic's electronic health record in specified clinic locations, and consulting with the Information Technology Director and clinical departments in customizing software and altering workflow process in the daily operation of the electronic health record. The HIT also works with other application coordinators with the responsibility for a broad range of activities surrounding the implementation of a comprehensive standardized integrated health care information system. Performs the role of Privacy Officer for the clinic. The HIT will report directly to the Tribal Entities IT Director.
Education and Certifications:
* Bachelor's degree required with a minimum of two years' experience in a health care setting with direct patient care (clinical, nursing, or allied health)
* At least one certificate in Health Information Technology, e.g., HCISPP, CAHIMS, AHIMA, etc.
* Two years' experience in clinical applications support in the healthcare industry or degree in Medical Informatics.
* Experience serving as a liaison between groups within the organization, as an effective member of organizational teams and in coordinating software implementation projects.
* Advanced computer skills including knowledge of software applications such as MS Word, EXCEL, PowerPoint, ACCESS, and be knowledgeable in the use of the Internet and email systems.
* Must be dependable, punctual, relate well with others and able to meet deadlines.
* Must appreciate Native American community and culture, as well as experience working with people from diverse ethnic groups and various backgrounds.
Chumash Enterprise is one of the premier employers in Santa Barbara County. We are recognized as a Four-Diamond Resort, but it is our Five-Diamond Guest Service that keeps our guests coming back! With more than 1,800 Team Members, we offer a stable and rewarding work environment with a competitive benefits package, exciting growth opportunities, tuition reimbursement and more.
As our organization grows, new and exciting opportunities continue to develop at all of our properties including; Chumash Casino Resort, Chumash Employee Resource Center, Chumash Gas Station, Santa Ynez Tribal Health Clinic, Santa Ynez Chumash Tribal Administration, Hotel Corque and Root 246, Kita Wines, Hadsten House Hotel.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, Native American hiring preference applies.