Employment Type: Full-Time
The Compensation Analyst administers compensation programs as directed by the Compensation Manager including salary administration, job evaluation, and wage and salary management programs. Supports the planning, development, and implementation of new and existing compensation programs and assists with detailed analysis, modeling, and costing of pay programs. Performs various Human Resources system (HRIS) activities to ensure data accuracy
Education and Certification:
* Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Mathematics or a related field.
* Certified Compensation Professional designation (WorldatWork), SHRM, or PHR certification preferred.
* Experience in analysis and administration of compensation programs.
* Broad and practical knowledge of Compensation and HRIS techniques and methods.
* Prior experience within other areas of Human Resources preferred.
* Work experience in hospitality or gaming industry a plus.
* Proficiency with HR systems is required.
* Strong proficiency in computers, including Microsoft Office, email and Internet.
* Knowledge of applicable law, regulations, rules, procedures, and administration is required.
* Knowledge and understanding of Federal and State compensation laws and regulations in order to ensure compliance.
* Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality with sensitive employee information.
* Must possess problem solving and analytical skills.
* Must possess excellent business and report writing skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated patience and tact.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of personnel, both verbally and in writing.
* Mathematical aptitude, including percentage manipulation and other compensation formulae.
* Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide upon a responsible plan of action.
* Must be able to work independently and efficiently organize priorities.
* Multi-task oriented.
* Must be able to work under pressure and within tight deadlines and with constant interruption.
* Exceptional detail and follow-up skills.
* Must apply for, receive, and maintain a Gaming License from the Tribal Gaming Agency.
* Native American hiring preference applies.
Chumash Enterprise is one of the premier employers in Santa Barbara County. We are recognized as a Four-Diamond Resort, but it is our Five-Diamond Guest Service that keeps our guests coming back! With more than 1,800 Team Members, we offer a stable and rewarding work environment with a competitive benefits package, exciting growth opportunities, tuition reimbursement and more.
As our organization grows, new and exciting opportunities continue to develop at all of our properties including; Chumash Casino Resort, Chumash Employee Resource Center, Chumash Gas Station, Santa Ynez Tribal Health Clinic, Santa Ynez Chumash Tribal Administration, Hotel Corque, Kita Wines, Hadsten House Hotel.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, Native American hiring preference applies.