Subject Matter Expert III
Employment Type: Full-Time
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position is ongoing. Resumes will be accepted, even when there are no current openings.
Summary/General Description of Job:
The SME 3 will provide high-level subject matter expertise to the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG), U.S. Navy (USN), and other customers requiring cradle-to-grave Command, Control, Communications, Computer, and Information Technology (C4IT) systems both, shore-based and shipboard.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
* Provide day-to-day C4IT support on multiple USN and USCG shore-based and shipboard projects including site visits, engineering change development, installation planning, troubleshooting, installation oversight, system removal, training, and onsite maintenance support.
* Provide C4IT support for multiple systems, including how the systems operate and interface including physical connections, data interface, and system communications.
* Systems include but are not limited to:
* Command and Control (C2)
* Shipboard Navigation
* Surface Search Radar
* Air Search Radar
* RF Communications including HF, VHF, UHF, and SATCOM
* Travel required to CONUS / OCONUS facilities including underway periods on USN and USCG operational units.
* Perform related work as assigned in an unsupervised, reactive, and mission critical environment.
* Knowledgeable in communications and networking system architecture, professional installation and integration methods such as wiring, cabling, functional rack layouts and other methods of communication/legacy system implementation.
* Excellent oral communication skills including but not limited to customer interactions, formal and informal training, and meeting facilitation.
* Excellent written communications including but not limited to development and editing of business and technical documents, engineering changes, meeting and trip reports, Time Compliant Technical Orders, training material, and after action reports.
* Ability to deal with people in a professional and courteous manner.
* Ability to exercise independent judgment.
* Ability to organize and prioritize own work as well as assigned personnel.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Ability to research and analyze technical data.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Professional Associations):
* US Citizen
* SECRET clearance or higher.
* Valid US Passport
* 20 or more years' experience in U.S. Navy and/or U.S. Coast Guard C4IT programs including Command and Control, Navigation, Sensors, Surface and Air Search Radars, RF Communications, SATCOM, Intelligence, and Shipboard Networks.
* Effective oral and written communication skills.
* Well versed in Microsoft Office and related business software.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Management, or a related field.
* Three (3) years supervisory experience.