Business Development Manager - Pacific Region
Employment Type: Full-Time
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The position is full-time remote and will be based in within the Pacific Region. Candidates will preferably be located in proximity to a Chubb Regional Office. The role will report to the Vice President of Small and Midsized Agent Resource Team (SMART).
* Responsible for the execution of primarily telephonic business development strategies for an assigned group of agents across defined geographic territory. Business focus will be on Small Commercial with responsibilities to market and grow Financial Lines, Middle-Market Commercial, and Personal Risk Services where appropriate.
* One Chubb approach to facilitate growth across all business segments and products including: Agribusiness, Accident & Health, Product Recall, Environmental, Specialty Casualty & Construction, Health Care, Westchester Binding, Marine Facilities etc.
* Consistently delivers superior results on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
* Manages and maintains focus on achieving metrics across KPI's, including quotes, issued policies, line and industry mix, and profit.
* Exhibit a thorough understanding of local marketplace, CHUBB capabilities within that marketplace, and corporate vision.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develops tactical telephonic sales plan designed to achieve annual objectives. These objectives to include the capture of market share, new agency appointments, & revenue growth.
* Work closely with Chubb underwriting staff and field colleagues to promote a One Chubb approach to products and capabilities.
* Maintains and shares feedback surrounding market conditions specific the geographic marketplace.
* Executes CHUBB agency management strategies, developing and managing key strategic relationships.
* Identifies new customers through effective pipelining, pre-qualification, territory analysis and management.
* 5 year proven sales experience in a high performing culture and organization.
* Demonstrated ability to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual production goals.
* 4 year college degree preferred; professional designations such as CIC and CPCU a plus
* Negotiation, Relationship Building, & Influence skills
* Agency and/or Aggregator management experience a plus
* Basic understanding of small commercial underwriting strategies.
* Microsoft products (excel, word, outlook, OneNote, etc.)
* Entrepreneurial and Creative approach to challenges and opportunities