Adjuster - California
Employment Type: Part-Time
This is a Part-Time Adjuster position.
Work claims and quality control; be specifically involved in large and complex claims and assist in managing the servicing of claims and quality control.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* To accept, contract, and handle claims as assigned.
* Work as many claims as possible.
* Assist in resolving complaints from policy holder relative to claims.
* Assist in investigating more complex claims.
* Complete Quality Control functions as assigned.
* Assists with other duties as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Knowledge of or the ability to learn the agricultural industry, including an understanding of the kinds of crops produced in the territory; agricultural issues.
* Knowledge of or the ability to learn Rain and Hail's products, services and systems.
* Knowledge of and the ability to learn the underwriting and claim adjustment rules and regulations associated with the Multiple Peril Crop Insurance program, crophail program and the other insurance products offered by the company.
* Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
* Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
* Ability to effectively communicate and maintain business relationships with Company personnel, outside resources and customers.
* Ability to use the Company's terminology, procedures and systems.
* Ability to use department equipment.
* Ability to perform basic and complex mathematical calculations.
* Ability to drive a vehicle and maintain a valid drivers license.
* Ability to remain calm and professional during peak periods of activity.
* Ability to work from oral and written communication.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to work independently.
* Ability to travel away from home for extended periods of time and on short notice.
* Willingness to relocate to another division if requested.
* Ability to assist in other work-related areas as required.