Staff Product Designer, Pay Friends
Employment Type: Full-Time
About the role
Chime is seeking a Staff Product Designer to join the Growth team. You will be responsible for contributing to the end to end vision and execution on one of our fastest growing products, Pay Friends. The mission of this team is to build the best peer-to-peer payments product in the next 3 years. We believe that people should be able to send, receive, and access their money instantly without paying any fees. We also believe that there are many unsolved needs that can make people's lives easier. If this energizes you, let's talk!
As a Staff Product Designer, you'll be a craft and strategy leader for a team of makers, prototypers, innovators, and builders. You'll help design and create product experiences that will disrupt the financial industry and empower our members to take control over their financial well-being.
For Colorado based roles: In accordance with applicable law, this role has an annual starting salary of $183,500 plus bonus, a competitive equity package, and benefits (see below). The actual pay may be higher depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
* Be directly responsible for the success and quality of our Pay Friends product
* Envision the future of the product and bring it to reality
* Act as an evangelist for design and member experiences throughout Chime
* Partner with cross-functional leads to create experiences that bring positive change to our members' lives
* Provide design direction and leadership to other designers on the team
* Contribute to our design standards and push them forward
To thrive in this role, you have
* 12+ years of proven history shipping consumer mobile products
* An industry presence that attracts candidates to Chime
* Led design teams in creating a vision for the future
* Owned product design strategy from start to finish
* Experience developing strong cross-functional relationships
* Ability to deliver on both business and user goals
* Experience in mentoring and giving feedback to help others grow and level up
* Highly collaborative and a great team player
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we've empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We've built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We've raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer