Senior Compliance Associate, Testing, Monitoring and Reporting
Employment Type: Full-Time
About the role
We are hiring for a Senior Associate on our Compliance Testing, Monitoring and Reporting team. You'll help ensure we adhere to relevant federal, state, and local agency laws, regulations, and guidance, as well as industry standard practice. This will involve partnership with internal teams, as well as collaboration with our issuing bank partner's legal and compliance teams. The Senior Associate will also play an important role in the annual risk assessment, building our compliance monitoring capabilities, and reporting/issue follow-up processes.
This role cannot be performed in the state of Colorado.
In this role, you can expect to
* Scope and execute compliance reviews within various departments for key regulations and products in accordance with our testing methodology
* Gather and interpret findings/results, and report on effectiveness of compliance testing and monitoring to senior management.
* Proactively assist the business by identifying solutions to issues/findings and performing follow-up to ensure remediation is successful.
* Identify trends, issues, and key performance and risk indicators (KPIs/KRIs).
* Maintain current knowledge of applicable laws and regulations and understand regulatory impact of changes to product/service offerings.
To thrive in this role, you have
* Bachelor degree. Juris Doctor, AML/CFT certified, ACAMS, and/or CFE preferred
* Minimum of 5-7 years of legal or compliance experience in the FinTech space. Experience in compliance or risk consulting is a plus.
* Awareness of key law, regulations, guidance, and industry-standard practices such as UDAAP, Regulation E, D/DD, Z, V, GLBA, SR 08-8, BSA/AML, Sanctions, InfoSecurity Frameworks ISO 1799-2005, ITIL, SDLC, PCI-DSS, GDPR/CCPA, etc. and associated regulations.
* Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently.
* Analytical skills, such as SQL or data visualization, are a plus.
* Speak and write clearly and concisely, adapt to the audience and express complex ideas in understandable and effective ways both verbally and via reports, presentations and/or data.
* Work well with ambiguity and multiple priorities while balancing the interests of multiple stakeholders.
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we've empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We've built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $14.5B. We've raised over $1B in funding from leading investors including DST, Coatue, Tiger Global, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Dragoneer, Menlo, Whale Rock, Access, Forerunner, Crosslink, Cathay, aCrew, and others.
What we offer