Employment Type: Full-Time
Work where your work matters. Work at CCRC.
CCRC prides itself as a workplace of choice for passionate talent, driven by our mission to cultivate child, family and community well-being. Whether the position works directly with the public or supports our programs, every position is vital to our mission's success and reputation as a leader. We are not your typical non-profit. We are over 900 people strong and growing!
CCRC is a one of the largest and widely respected non-profits in California. We cultivate child, family and community well-being through our creative, informative and supportive programs and services. We have doubled in size over the past 10 years. We provide child development and early education, workforce development opportunities, child care financial assistance, Head Start preschool and Early Head Start services and more for close to 50,000 parents, children, and child care providers each month in Northern Los Angeles County, including Antelope Valley, and the entirety of San Bernardino County, including an office in Victorville, serving a total geographic area of 22,500 square miles.
You could play a key role supporting CCRC's Mission!
Under the supervision of Vice President and Chief Operating Officer (VP COO), you will perform administrative & secretarial duties for VP COO. Position also acts in the capacity of back-up to support the Executive Coordinator when needed.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Administrative & Secretarial Support (65%)
* Provide administrative and secretarial support for the VP COO, the nature of which is highly confidential and important, including word processing, faxing, filing, photocopying, and distribution. Draft letters and memos for VP COO's signatures. Maintain VP COO's calendar including meeting coordination and scheduling conferences. Handle VP COO's mail noting items of importance, urgency, and further distribution.
* Provide administrative support to Business Operations Services (BOS) team including ability to work independently and participating in project meetings, tracking milestones/deliverables, following up with stakeholders as needed. Maintain various project catalogs and databases.
* Provide administrative and secretarial support for various Divisions and Departments, including maintaining physical and electronic files of documents, photocopying and scanning correspondences from funders or other external parties, coordinating teambuilding activities and scheduling division and other meetings, etc
* Attend relevant meetings and trainings and act as a secretary taking and disseminating minutes or notes as required.
* Act in the capacity of back-up to support the Executive Administrator when needed. Work includes administrative and secretarial support for the President & CEO.
Data Composition and Analysis (25%)
* Collect and organize data, provide research and reports as required. Prepare spreadsheets, tables, graphs, and flyers to communicate information as assigned.
* Synthesize, write, present, and communicate research results and report findings to a wide range of high level stakeholders including the board of directors and executive team.
Cultural Ambassador Team Support (5%)
* Provide various support as needed to the Agency's Cultural Ambassador Team.
Non-Essential Duties And Responsibilities
These duties include tasks that are required, but currently comprise of less than 5% of the daily workflow for this job:
* Provide administrative support to the audits by funders, independent auditors & government authorities. Responsibility includes prepping physical and electronic storage for all audit schedules, photocopying and scanning documents for auditors and finance files. Prepare audit schedules and correspondences related to all audits as requested.
* Assist Executive Administrator with agency-wide activity coordination as needed.
* Work on special/other project duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree required, plus three years of experience in administrative support or office management, preferably assisting senior management in a non-profit or public sector environment with social services experience. Equivalent experience may be considered.
* Must have excellent organizational skills, meticulous attention to details, and knowledge of general office procedures.
* Must have excellent computer skills (typing 50 WPM) with extensive experience in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint; experience with Access a plus.
* Be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing including strong proofreading capabilities.
* Ability to maintain professional, cooperative, diplomatic working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, families, and the community with the ability to successfully work as part of a team, and collaborate with colleagues.
* Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills in working with external and internal customers.
* Ability to prioritize work effectively, adjust to multiple demands and competing deadlines and follow tasks through to completion in a timely manner.
* Show ability to have flexibility, maturity of judgment, and ability to work collegially.
* Ability to work non-traditional work schedules, which may include evenings and Saturdays.
* Ability to exercise discretion, applies good judgment in making decisions, work independently and take initiatives.
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team environment with shifting priorities.
* Automobile, California Driver's License and auto liability insurance required.
At CCRC, passion and meaningful work is rewarded! We offer employees:
* Competitive compensation package
* Robust benefit offerings -Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
* Basic Life Insurance and Long Term Disability paid for by CCRC
* Employer Contribution and Employer Match in the 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan with 100% vesting
* Generous Time Off Policy-Vacation and Sick Time, Holidays, and Paid Winter Break
* Opportunities for learning and professional development, including education reimbursement
* Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs
* 501(c)(3) Designation-You can apply for Public Service Loan Forgiveness!
To learn more about CCRC and to apply, log onto www.ccrcca.org