Instrumentation and Electrical Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
Scope of the Position
Instrument & Electrical Technicians install, repair or maintain in accordance with manufacturer's or site specifications, electrical and instrument equipment using hand tools, power tools and precision measuring and testing instruments.
Position: Hourly $44.56/hr
Shift: Day shift, overtime and call outs, as required
What You Need To Be Successful
* Five (5) years industry experience in instrumentation and electrical. Chemical, power generation and oil and gas industry preferred
* High school diploma or GED equivalency is required. Instrumentation Certificate preferred.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, manufacturer's literature, diagrams or schematics.
* Good verbal and written communication skills and computer knowledge.
* Able to work overtime and call outs as required
* Inspect, repair and/or replace items such as instruments, valves, disconnects and starters in order to protect personnel, equipment and to keep processes running.
* Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wire, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fiber optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures
* Lock, tag, try and test energy sources in order make equipment inoperable and safe to work on.
* Plan and coordinate work with other crafts while installing new work or replacing existing parts with new models.
* Troubleshoot and make repairs on automatic valves, electrical starters, motors, relays, pneumatic and electronic instrumentation.
* Receive training and be able to retrieve OSHA information such as PSM, MSDS, hazardous material lists, safety procedures, corporate standards, etc.
* Comply with plant safety and environmental requirements, accepting the responsibility for personal safety. Must know the process hazards and mechanical hazards of assigned job and what safety equipment is required.
* Troubleshoot and correct problems with Distributive Control Systems equipment using test equipment and techniques to restore equipment to operation.
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
CHEMTRADE is a publically traded (TSX: CHE.UN) chemical manufacturing and handling company headquartered in Toronto, Canada with 65+ locations across North America and Brazil. Chemtrade provides industrial chemicals and services to our customers in three main business segments; Sulphur & Performance Chemicals, Water Solutions and Electrochemicals. Chemtrade is a reliable industry partner to the Oil & Gas, Pulp & Paper, Water Treatment, Food & Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries and is committed to the codes and ethics of Responsible Care 14001.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Learn more about Chemtrade by visiting www.chemtradelogistics.com or follow us on