Selling - Sales Rep East Bay
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Chefs' Warehouse is a specialty food distributor that began sourcing products focused on serving the specific needs of chefs who own and/or operate some of the nation's leading menu-driven independent restaurants, fine dining establishments, country clubs, hotels, caterers, culinary schools and specialty food stores. We believe that we have a distinct competitive advantage in serving these customers as a result of our extensive selection of distinctive and hard-to-find specialty and center-of-the-plate food products, our product knowledge and our customer service. We serve the finest restaurants, hotels, caterers and gourmet stores around the country.
As an Outside Sales Representative with The Chefs' Warehouse, you will have the opportunity to cultivate relationships, develop new business, and provide innovative solutions to our customers, helping them to achieve their goals and, in return, yours!
Outside Sales Reps and sells products for distributor to restaurants and caterers, hotels and retail, establishments or individuals at place of business by performing the following duties:
* Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
* Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders or talks with customers or by phone.
* Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
* Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
* Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
* Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
* Works with inside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
* Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
* Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts
* Mentors with Senior to obtain institutional knowledge concerning products, processes and systems
* A High School Diploma/GED is required, but a bachelor's degree or culinary certificate is preferred
* You should have at least 1- 3 year of prior sales, business, or food service experience
* You must maintain a valid state driver's license and a safe driving record
* Expect daily travel throughout your assigned territory
* Experience working as a Chef highly desired
* High Energy and enthusiastic
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
* Pay Type Hourly
* 145 S Hill Dr, Brisbane, CA 94005, USA