Distribution - Transportation Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Chefs Warehouse we are an industry leader in food distribution!
We have a distinct competitive advantage in serving our customers because of our extensive selection of distinctive and hard-to-find specialty and center-of-the-plate food products,
What's on our menu?
A culture that is full of flavor and inviting! Creating an environment of belonging, where everyone is welcome!
Delivering our best in everything we do
We are committed to high quality food and dedicated to a positive team culture.
Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays
Health, Dental and Medical Benefits
5% above cost for our high-quality food products
Employee discounts for travel and events.
What's for Dessert?
The icing on the cake….
The safety of our employees is our priority!
WE have created essential guidelines to assure we are following CDC regulations!
Plans, directs, coordinates and participates in activities of warehouse / delivery drivers for the Company including personnel scheduling, meeting customer delivery obligations and standards, and ensuring compliance with applicable state and federal transportation regulations. Duties may be performed personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Additional duties may be assigned.
* Coordinate and supervise daily activities of warehouse/driver personnel including route assignments, vehicle assignments, customer deliveries and vendor pick-ups.
* Ensure compliance with all USDOT requirements as well as those of other regulatory bodies related to vehicle use and maintenance, safe operation of vehicles, and required medical certifications.
* Train warehouse/driver personnel to required standards and complete periodic evaluations of driver performance.
* Maintain USDOT-required driver files
* Maintain and update work and duty schedules for warehouse / driver personnel
* Ensure that vehicles are clean and meet maintenance standards and requirements
* Reports services issue to leasing company.
* Respond to and resolves customer complaints, including immediate problem-solving, coordinating response with appropriate sales personal and applying corrective action and/or discipline as required
* Train warehouse / drivers in all aspects of material handling both on and off the vehicle.
* Evaluate employee performance on an ongoing basis - including regularly scheduled road-testing -- and respond with appropriate reinforcement, coaching or correction as necessary
* Execute all aspects of accident investigation and insurance reporting in coordination with the Operations Manager, other Company officials, or representatives of insurance interests as circumstances dictate
* Monitor trip and dispatch logs and vehicle monitoring software for conformance with schedules and direct preparation and retention of dispatch and vehicle operations records and reports.
* Maintain mileage records for taxes and leasing company.
* Gain proficiency in the Company's primary sales processing software system as well as subordinate systems
* Drive routes during peak times and as needed to carry out the operation's delivery obligations.
* Conduct weekly meetings to inform staff of new procedures and other company-wide information. Collaborate with Operations, Product, Purchasing and Sales personnel to ensure information is accurate and comprehensive
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
* Pay Type Salary
* 1250 Whipple Rd, Union City, CA 94587, USA