Distribution - Delivery Driver
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Chefs' Warehouse is a specialty food distributor that began sourcing products focused on serving the specific needs of chefs who own and/or operate some of the nation's leading menu-driven independent restaurants, fine dining establishments, country clubs, hotels, caterers, culinary schools and specialty food stores. We believe that we have a distinct competitive advantage in serving these customers as a result of our extensive selection of distinctive and hard-to-find specialty and center-of-the-plate food products, our product knowledge and our customer service. We serve the finest restaurants, hotels, caterers and gourmet stores around the country.
The primary function of the CDL Delivery Driver is to drive a straight truck for the purpose of delivering and unloading various products (meats, produce, frozen foods, groceries, dry goods) while providing excellent customer service to customers.
* Perform all pre-trip responsibilities to include: checking route numbers and account numbers for assigned deliveries, count items and check customer invoices of products that have been loaded, perform 'pre-trip safety check' inspection of truck and trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
* Drive to and deliver customer orders according to a predetermined route.
* Perform back haul pickups as needed.
* Unload products from the trailer with a hand truck a dolly truck or by hand and place them in designated customer storage areas.
* Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures.
* Use provided technology system to communicate with dispatcher at base regarding delivery discrepancies or challenges during the delivery process.
* Perform all post-trip responsibilities to include: unload damaged goods and customer returns and complete necessary paperwork; clean cab and back of truck of any garbage; stack skids and turn in all funds collected daily; perform safety check on the vehicle, park and secure truck and hand truck; complete Department of Transportation (DOT) logs (electronic or manual as required), company vehicle maintenance reports, discuss any traffic or parking violations encountered during delivery process and reconcile with appropriate company representative as required.
* Valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL), Class A or B
* Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
* Must have a satisfactory motor vehicle record
* Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80lbs
* Food or beverage distribution/delivery experience preferred, not required
* Home Daily; 5-day work week (off Sunday and one weekday)
* Competitive Hourly Pay and increase after 90 days and annually, time and a half after 40 hours (paid weekly)
* Paid time off (Vacation, Sick, Company Holidays)
* Comprehensive Healthcare; including Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
* Company paid Life and AD&D Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, and Employee Assistance Program
* 401K, with Company match
* Employee Discount Program
* Opportunity for growth
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
* Pay Type Hourly
* 1250 Whipple Rd, Union City, CA 94587, USA