Principal Architect - Managed Account Technology/Wealth Management
Employment Type: Full-Time
This is a hands-on Solutions Architect in the Architecture and Frameworks team in SAMS (Schwab Asset Management Solutions) Technology Organization. This position will directly support the SAMS managed account technology platform and product roadmap.
SAMS Technology is aligned to support the technology needs of Schwab Asset Management Solutions (SAMS) which is a new Schwab organization that unites money management, research, and asset management platforms for mutual funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), managed accounts, alternative investments and insurance. With over $500B in assets under management, SAMS is the 3rd largest provider of index funds and the 7th largest provider of money market funds and 5th largest ETF provider.
What you are good at
The solutions architect will be responsible for defining and building the enterprise architecture to support the SAMS discretionary wealth management product roadmap. The role will design and oversee platform development, integration with core Schwab domains, and drive enablement of new digital channels and experiences. The role is expected to follow architectural best practices and build scale and efficiencies that enable future business growth.
What you have
This hands on role requires a highly motivated and experienced Architect/senior developer with pride of ownership reflected through clean architecture design, code quality and a disciplined software development approach. The candidate will be expected to do both some programming as well as design and architecture.
Qualifications & Experience:
* A university degree from a well-respected academic institution; advanced degrees in Information management, Computer Science, and/or other professional certifications are a plus
* At least 10 years' experience architecting and integrating 3rd party internal and SaaS applications developed in .NET, C#, Angular, Java
* Experience designing and building large Cloud-ready high scalable software particularly distributed, strong knowledge of integration design patterns and 12 Factor app
* Prior Asset management experience or financial experience is a must
* Desire and ability to understand diverse business domains and develop architectures that meet the current and anticipated business needs across a broad set of partners.
* Experience or knowledge with Cloud Foundry and designing applications that can run in a cloud environment such as AWS or Google Cloud
* Shows a commitment to high ethical standards and integrity and demonstrates this through action
* Skilled communicator and negotiator with exceptional written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills
* Experience or knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
* Experience with and knowledge of common Architecture patterns (e.g. microservices, GoF, SOA, Event sourcing, etc.)
* Ability to evaluate new technologies and stay ahead of industry trends