Technical Writer, Software
Employment Type: Full-Time
With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world's leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that's been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As now a public company, we remain focused on broadening our market leadership and building on years of innovation. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it's like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Manager, Technical Publications
What You Will Be Doing
In this team role, you will be responsible for researching and writing technical documentation about ChargePoint charging station software, occasionally assisting with hardware writing as well. Your ability to work cross-functionally between engineering, support, testing, and product management is essential. You will work alongside other writers, trainers, and illustrators to produce software, API, and networking guides for internal and external audiences. You will maintain document revision control for output in print and online across multiple languages. Learning the products deeply will allow you to ensure consistency and clarity across all documentation.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
* Collaborate with technically advanced subject matter experts on software / mobile to create, refine and ensure accuracy of content
* Maintain technical content to install, use and service ChargePoint products
* Perform all phases of technical publication content development, including planning and research, design, writing, editing, illustrating, and publishing
* Manage content through revision control, translation, and file management
* Create graphical diagrams, flow charts, illustrations, images, and collaborate with illustrator(s) to incorporate new media as needed into technical documentation
* Enhance and maintain documentation by continually reviewing, keeping up to date on released features and new technologies
* Work with the entire technical publication and training team to continually improve documentation processes, quality and usability
* Over 4 years of technical writing experience in a complex product environment (hardware AND software)
* Exceptional proficiency in both verbal and written English
* Detail oriented, systematic, and investigative writing process that creates documentation that is accurate, concise, and follows a logical flow
* Demonstrated ability to learn complex technical products quickly from subject matter experts and translate it into documentation relevant to the target audience
* Self-starter with a proven record of completing projects on time
* Experience documenting UI and API guides for both slightly technical and heavily technical audiences
* Proficient in Madcap Flare XML authoring (experience in Madcap Central a plus)
* Proficient in Adobe Acrobat and image editing software (Photoshop, GIMP, Illustrator, etc.)
* Knowledge of photography/ basic graphic design
* PC proficiency in MS Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel
* Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently while meeting tight deadlines
* Proven organizational skills with the ability to prioritize in an environment with competing demands
* Excellent teamwork skills
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* Knowledge of Adobe FrameMaker a plus
* Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, or similar project management tools a plus
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.