Development Team Manager
Development Team Manager
Seeking a team lead/manager for the Applications Towers as part of an Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO) contact for a major Aerospace client. Applicants will have 7-10 years of experience managing technical teams (10-25 members) in a structured SDLC environment. Experience managing teams on outcome based contracts with strict Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Manage the Enhancement Process:
o The candidate will ensure that Minor Enhancement (ME) Business Requests (BRs) are progressing through the SDLC process by collaborating across application and infrastructure towers to ensure that impediments are removed and that conflicts are mitigated or avoided.
o The candidate will work closely with client Business Resource Managers to ensure that requirements are well documented and are appropriately prioritized by client
• Manage Automated Testing Program:
o Lead the testing automation program and team
• Manage Program Reporting:
o Create, validate and deliver the monthly ME reports to client each month
o Ensure that development tasks and activities meet the agreed to schedules month over month, and the work is accounted for and charged back correctly
• Manage Cross-Functional Activities:
o Lead special projects and cross-functional/cross-organizational activities within the Application Tower including activities that require interface with client, infrastructure and release management teams
o Participate in the weekly Business Change Advisory Board meetings to ensure that BRs are fully vetted prior to being presented for approval
o Participate in scheduled and ad hoc client-facing meetings and briefings
o Develop and disseminate a variety of weekly and monthly client-facing reports and dashboards
o Ensure that BRs are in the appropriate SDLC state prior to be presented for acceptance
o Ensure that BRs are prioritized in alignment with business requirements
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Prior experience as a Scrum Master or Project Manager
• Knowledge and practical experience with strict SDLC processes
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience with or knowledge of Oracle EBS application and other ERP systems, Delmia, or Windchill
• Experience managing test automation projects
• Familiarity with MicroFocus UTF automated testing software
• Familiarity or certification with ITIL processes
• Adept at negotiating
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
• Strong interpersonal and client management skills
• U.S. Citizenship
• Scrum Master or PMP Certification
• Previous team management experience
• Previous programming experience (Java, .Net) and competency/experience with relational database management systems e.g. SQL Server and Oracle
• Experience managing custom development project implementations
• Bachelors Degree in Information Systems or a related field
Minimum Years of directly related experience Required: 5
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $84,000-$105,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals 'members' to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI's benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
#CgiFederalJobBuild your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.Skills