Sr. Scientist, Flow Cytometry
Employment Type: Full-Time
Sr. Scientist, Flow Cytometry (116)
FULL TIME EXEMPT
HOME OFFICE: SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA
ONSITE WORK REQUIRED
CERo Therapeutics, Inc., is a privately held biopharmaceutical company pioneering cell-based therapies that incorporate multiple forms of tumor clearance into single cells. The company's core technology platform engineers T cells to express immune receptors called chimeric engulfment receptors (CERs) that enable T cells to target, induce cellular damage, uptake tumor antigen, and remove tumor cells. This approach effectively unites the anti-tumor attributes of both innate and adaptive immune responses into a single T cell product. Our vision is a new class of cell-based medicines with the potential for more complete and durable anti-tumor responses, while maintaining a favorable toxicity profile across multiple cancer indications.
We are seeking a highly motivated Sr. Scientist, Flow Cytometry, within the Department of Translational Medicine. This individual will lead internal and external flow cytometry activities related to the development of novel engineered T cell products for the treatment of cancer. In this role, the qualified individual will apply advanced high-dimensional flow cytometry techniques to characterize phenotypes/function of autologous T cell products and primary human immune and tumor cell samples to support investigational new drug (IND) enabling research and biomarker discovery activities in first-in-human (FIH) clinical trials. This individual and their team will support a variety of IND- and FIH-related activities to ensure efficient internal transition of flow cytometry methodology to Process Development, Discovery Research, and external contract research organizations (CROs). Additionally, this individual will build, foster, and maintain relationships with external academic collaborators and CROs to demonstrate value for flow cytometry related approaches intended to advance research and development related goals.
* Demonstrated understanding of, and ability to apply principles, concepts, practices, and standards associated with flow cytometry assay development, qualification, and validation in a drug development setting
* Partner closely with leadership to ensure rapid generation of high-quality, reliable, and reproducible flow cytometry data
* Serve as a subject matter expert on diverse R&D projects requiring internal/external oversight
* Create, standardize, and harmonize flow cytometry-based approaches and data analysis strategies internally and externally
* Ensure successful assay development, qualification, execution, and ensure uniform operations internally and externally
* Maintain productive and collaborative relationships with Process Development, Discovery Research teams, and CROs on complex flow cytometry assays for T cell product, endogenous immune and tumor cell characterization
* Support development and execution of discovery biomarker activities on novel FIH clinical trials
Education and Preferred Skillset
* Preferred BA/BS 10 years or MA/MS/MBA 8 years or PhD/JD/PharmD 5 years
* Industry experience a must
* Ability to prioritize workflow, meet key deadlines and balance multiple opposing priorities
* Excellent analytical skills and scientific/technical expertise in the area of flow cytometry
CERo's compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person's experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, commuter benefits and 401K match!
CERo is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation.
CERo Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for CERo. Unsolicited resumes sent to CERo from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and/or recruiting agency and CERo and do not obligate CERo to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.
To apply: please reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CERo Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or age, and CERo? will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of the above characteristics.