Machine Operator 3rd Shift
Cenveo, a world leader in the management and distribution of print and related offerings is seeking a Machine Operator in its City of Industry, CA facility.
Cenveo offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short & long term disability, 401k, PTO and Company paid holidays.
Under general supervision and guidance, perform various precise machine functions on small to mid-sized machines on company manufactured products.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Pack envelopes in carton as they are being produced
* Reads and interprets directions on the job jackets and specification sheets
* Completes all required paperwork and reports, including, but not limited to run sheet, production report
* Accurately maintains record of production on run sheet
* Performs all required quality inspections as required
* Monitors gum box level, and application, adding adhesive if necessary.
* Cleans machine, surrounding area and machine parts as required
* May opens paper bundles and prepares paper rolls for loading onto machine when necessary
* Applies labels to cartons of finished product, checking for accuracy of information
* Applies pallet tag (label) to finished skid
* Ability to transport finished goods, using pallet jack
* Comply with all work, quality and safety regulations and procedures
* Maintains a clean and safe work area.
* Ability to work and communicate with others.
Other (Non-Essential) Functions
Includes functions which are normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a 'Reasonable Accommodation' under the ADA.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
* This position requires the incumbent to grasp objects utilizing manual dexterity including hand/finger coordination, hand/eye and foot coordination, the utilization of color vision and depth perception.
* This position requires the incumbent to experience periods of prolonged standing or sitting, regularly lift, carry, walk, climb, bend, extend and reach.
* This position requires the incumbent to accept and understand verbal instructions.
* Warehouse and plant environment with exposure to cold, heat, dust and noise.
Cenveo is an Equal Opportunity Employer