Warehouse Associate - Pet Distribution
Employment Type: Full-Time
Central Pet Distribution is hiring Warehouse Associates! Day shift Monday through Friday
Do you love pets and love working in a fast-paced environment? Our growing company is seeking an experienced warehouse associate to pull merchandise to complete orders from pick tickets, and load/unload trucks with pet supply products to be delivered to pet retailers. Our Pet Distribution team works together to supply our customers with the nation's top brands of pet supplies like Nylabone, Kaytee, and Aqueon. If you are dependable, responsible and committed to safety, this may be the job for you!
Location: Central Pet Distribution Center in Sacramento, CA
Shift Details: Day Shift - The scheduled hours are Monday through Friday 6:30am to 3:30pm, overtime is mandatory and you will be expected to work until all daily activities have been completed. Earn up to $15/hour.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
* Process transactions utilizing RF technology and/or identify items on paper pick ticket according to bin location, part number, and/or description
* Pick orders that are scheduled to ship that day and package merchandise to ensure safe transport
* Inspect merchandise to ensure only quality product is used to complete the order
* Assist with receiving of inbound product; including inspection of product for damage or infestation, verification of items shipped, put product away and record shortages
* Utilize pallet jacks, pallet riders, tow tractors, stand-up reach forklift and sit-down forklift where applicable
* Utilize stretch wrap machine where applicable
* Assist with daily cleanup activities in accordance with the company food safety program
* Assist with cycle count and physical inventory activities
* Assist with processing product returns; including putting product back to stock and disposing of unsaleable inventory
* Coordinate daily shipping activities, including UPS and common carrier shipments
* Process all daily warehouse transactions; including shipments, receipts and inventory adjustments in two ERP systems (SAP and E21)
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES:
* 1+ year related warehouse experience, including slip sheet unloading
* Ability to work proficiently with computers.
* Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure in a deadline driven environment
* Ability to read and write legibly in English, carry out oral instructions in English, count and do basic math
* Experience working with material handling equipment and RF scanner experience preferred
* Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds and stack on a pallet or cart at a height of 5 feet in a safe manner, with or without accommodation
* Position requires the ability to stand or walk for long periods of time, and frequent bending or squatting throughout the entire shift
* Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
* Work is conducted in a warehouse environment with temperature changes depending on the season
* Working with or near conveyors depending on assignment
BENEFITS PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PROGRAMS:
* Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
* Free Life and Disability Insurance
* Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
* 401k with 3% company match and annual profit-sharing bonus!
* Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
* Employee Assistance Program
* Discount on Pet supplies, cell phones, movie tickets, gym memberships, and more!
* Education Assistance
* Referral Program with cash bonus
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.