Employment Type: Full-Time
We're hiring a Compensation Analyst to join our Human Resources team! The Compensation Analyst will research job requirements and evaluate job positions to ensure the company is competitive in the areas of salaries and employee benefits.
We are open to a Hybrid model where you work remotely and in the office. Our corporate office is in Walnut Creek, just one block from the Pleasant Hill Bart Station and next to the Iron Horse Trail. Working at Central gives you the opportunity to grow your career while expanding your knowledge of the pet and garden industries. Walnut Creek employees enjoy an on-site fitness center and cafe, pet product discounts, and commuter benefits. We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, short-term and long-term disability, free life insurance, tuition reimbursement, and product discounts to all of our employees!
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
* Prepares and maintains job descriptions for each position in the organization; ensures descriptions accurately reflect the work being performed by incumbents.
* Interviews and surveys employees and managers to gather and document job, organizational, and occupational information including duties, responsibilities, and skills required by each job.
* Assesses jobs and their respective duties to determine classification as exempt or nonexempt and appropriate salary range.
* Benchmarks jobs against survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges for each position.
* Prepares and maintains job classifications and salary scales.
* Prepares and presents summary reports of job analysis and compensation analysis information.
* Gathers data from market-based compensation surveys; uses spreadsheet and data analysis techniques to assess results and market trends.
* Evaluates and implements job analysis instruments and materials.
* Conducts data and cost analyses to be used in employee negotiations and collective bargaining agreements.
* Researches employee benefits in similar industries; based on findings, recommends changes or updates to the company's existing benefits or policies.
* Works with insurance brokers and investment planners to create competitive, cost-effective benefits packages for the organization; facilitates implementation and enrollment for insurance and retirement plans.
* Conducts focus groups to collect employee feedback on specific issues or topics related to benefits and compensation.
* Plans and communicates preferred methods and best practices for hiring, training, compensating, and evaluating employees.
* Advises management on applicable state and federal employment regulations, benefits and compensation policies, human resource procedures, and collective agreements.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
* Bachelor's degree in a related field required.
* Three years of experience as a compensation analyst recommended.
* Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred.
* Extensive knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods.
* Extensive knowledge of human resource laws, regulations, and best practices.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China, and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.