Employment Type: Full-Time
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
This adjunct faculty position may be based in Chatham, Harnett, or Lee County, but will require supervision of students at one of various clinical sites affiliated with the Practical Nursing program or Associate Degree Nursing program on various days of the week depending on course schedule. Programs, clinical sites and days of the week vary depending on need.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
The successful candidate will provide direct supervision of students in training at the clinical site and will assess student performance and provide feedback using templates and evaluation criteria provided by the Nursing program faculty.
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
* Current licensure with the NC Board of Nursing.
* Minimum three years professional nursing experience in a clinical setting.
* Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
* Master's Degree in Nursing preferred.
* Experience teaching at the community college level and supervising students in clinical training.
* Must have 9 semester hours or 45 CEU in Adult Teaching/Learning or be able to achieve this within three years of hiring. Contracts are written per semester.