Construction Technologies Instructor
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
CCCC is recruiting an Adjunct Instructor in Construction Technologies to instruct YouthBuild students at various CCCC locations. YouthBuild is a program that provides career pathways for eligible youth and young adults who are unemployed and out-of-school.
The purpose of an adjunct instructor at the Central Carolina Community College is to ensure maximum student learning. The instructor accomplishes this by presenting discipline specific learning outcomes through lecture, demonstration, projects, assignments, appropriate classroom management, etc. and by providing authentic student assessments that document learning has occurred.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
The primary intent of these courses is to
* Introduce students to construction tools, building materials, and working safely.
* Implement communication skills and professional demeanor to advance best work practices.
* Develop skills in print reading, estimating, codes and regulations relevant to the construction industry.
* Apply building construction techniques and analyze the theories and principles fundamental to building science from the small details and tricks-of-the-trade to the big picture.
* Establish connections and relationships with businesses and potential employers.
* Plan, implement and instruct course content in a student-centered learning environment.
* Provide instruction and hands-on training forstudents in a classroom and lab setting.
* Maintain accurate documentation required for students and instructors for the course.
* Keep current with information and skills in teaching field.
* Associate's in a related field AND experience in the related trades, OR
* An alternate portfolio with demonstrated competencies in the teaching discipline (certifications, work experience, etc.)
* Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
* Bachelor's Degree in Construction or in a related field.
* Knowledge and experience in construction trade technologies
* College or university teaching experience
* Experience with online instructional platforms such as Blackboard